Monteith's IPA "Brewers Series"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
Found this tonight at first choice.
Monteith's IOA "brewers series"
500ml, 5.5% 35IBU $7

Gotta say I was disappointed. Bugger all in the hop department. A very bland beer.
Sad because I usually like monteiths.
Anyone else tried it?

35 IBU IPA is an insult to Aegir, viking god of beer.

slash22000 said:
35 IBU IPA is an insult to Aegir, viking god of beer.
Because the beer has hops in it?

Also, he's the god of the sea or something, inn'e?

Well apparently he was the god of the sea, storms, beer and brewing. I'm not 100% sure how they all connect, but there is something epic about the connection between thunderstorms and a good beer.

Cheers all, got 1 in the fridge I picked up last week in the 'gong,
was a bit taken aback at the IBU, not so keen to drink it now....maybe a reason it was half price.

What makes it the "Brewers' Series"?

Surely all beers ever made are part of the brewers series?

Does it list the ingredients? I read an American company was releasing something called a "Homework Series" that had the ingredients to make the beer on the side of the bottle, great idea if you ask me!

Most beers list their ingredients: malted barley, hops ,yeast......it pretty simple. :p

I just tried the Porter and thought it was beautiful, apparently aged in pinot noir barrels...

Had a bottle of the Porter the other night also, really enjoyable beer IMHO...

But thought the IPA was a little ordinary - did impove as it warmed though.

Somewhat related...Had an interesting chat with the cahier at Dan's when buying the porter - said she had a porter recently but wasn't a big fan. She then asked if porters really had port in them...

Back