Monster Vs Crankandstein

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troydo, I went with the MM2 over the crankandstein mainly because of the 6" rollers on the MM as apposed to the 5", apart from that they're pretty much of a muchness if you know what I mean.

Andrew

Great thread :) Look forwards to comments and I was asking myself this very same question earlier in the day.

Slightly :icon_offtopic:

My 3-roller Cranker was purchased long before the Monster was born Troydo. Can't be bothered doing a price comparison between 2 & 3-roller mills but IMHO you get a better crush with a 3-roller. Might be worth considering parting with the extra $$$?

TP

thanks andrew, i didn't notice the length difference, is the monster geared like the crankandstein?

(hmmm having to type crankandstein instead of MM is almost enough to push me to the MM :D )

Give me till Saturday arvo as I will be making the base and hopper (planned) and trying out my MM3 when its together.
The MM's are not geared

I just gave my new MM2 a trial run by dumping some grains on the gap and pulling the drill and man its a fine piece of work! Even Dave at the LHBS is tempted to start stocking them in the future. Maybe build some hoppers for them and stuff. Mighty fine but of kit. ;)

Yeah, sorry I didnt jump in on your BB for them 4*, but I wanted a 3 roller :icon_cheers:

Yeah, sorry I didnt jump in on your BB for them 4*, but I wanted a 3 roller :icon_cheers:

Hey, no worries mate. Whatever suits, i just wanted to keep it uncomplicated and not having to breakdown the costs. a simple 8 ways split of th total was all i was interested in. They arrived today. Man they look sweeeeeet! :icon_drool2:

They sure are. I have been googling hopper/base setups all afternoon (beats work eh), and have come up with what I want.
Bought the timber tonight and will get into it tommorow night
:icon_cheers:

thanks andrew, i didn't notice the length difference, is the monster geared like the crankandstein?
(hmmm having to type crankandstein instead of MM is almost enough to push me to the MM :D )
Unless they have changed since I got mine the cranks aen't geared either.

yep my old skool crank is not geared. good crush, cranks through it, can't complain.

Crickey, I didn't realise they were geared! Dang, that was the only advantage I could see in the millmaster over these ones, but it looks like that's not a point of difference anymore either! Geared mill for A$130 - not bad at all!!

i think i meant to say driven...
looking at the 2D
http://www.crankandstein.net/index.php?mai...2064b6a8176e7a9
the rollers both have built in gear at the end so both rollers are driven..

Hmmm, grain engaged gears sounds remarkably similar to what a lot of people complain about the millmaster.
Somehow I don't think relying on the grains to engage the gears is much different from relying on the grain to engage the rollers without the gears :huh: .

Andrew

good point Andrew!

P.S we should catch up for some beers next time i am in bundy..

Latest posts

Back