Mongol Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asher has a couple of them, key problem is inefficient burning, especially when trying to turn them down. If you want to run it on full bore all the time it would be okay but its pracitlly like a ballon burner with flames half a meter tall.
He ended up taking out 80% of the jets and blocking the holes and just using 4-6 jets per burner. Im sure he will post about them when hes on next.

All ways wanted to burn a sun roof in the veranda, sounds like fun.

Cheers

jagerbrau,
I know someone who shelled out for a mongolian, and it just sits in his shed because of the soot given out at lower levels. I would opt for the HP jobbie. If the idea of high pressure is a bit of a worry for you, then they also sell the same burner with a medium pressure hose.

Not scared, just not sure my reg is HP. It appears the same as the ones with the rays out doors burners. Will look in to the reg and if the jet needs to be resized.

cheers

The HP burners run on pressures from about 2psi up to ~44psi.

Standard BBQ regs are 2.8kPa (~0.5psi). You should know if your reg is HP or not, it says the pressures on them.

Cheers. Justin

Latest posts

Back