Mini Keg Growler EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IM getting head units for all so I can gas them and sit them till I need them, I dont want to prime and end up with extra yeast in the keg.

But yeah, you can do it that way

just a note.. back end of the sheet, as in the price breakdown to component pieces is still in flux.. Im waiting to hear how that plays out..

Im very comfortable that our supplier is doing their utmost to provide us the best price they can. Just give a little patience and keep an eye on it..

Yob,

I've added 1 OFF 5L keg plus head unit and reg, plus an extra 5L keg and another head unit for it.
Couldn't see a way to add the price of the additional head unit, guessing pricing is still to come?
(I'm not that worried about the reg as those damn soda bulb regs leak in a day or two no matter the quality, only good for a day trip really).

Thanks again for organising.

i've added a 2nd head unit (for my extra 2l) and filled in the head unit, regulator and tap cells on my 4l

thanks for all of your work on this

cheers
david

Thanks again for your efforts Yob, but am going to have to give this one a miss - have removed myself from the spread sheet.

Cheers.

Also interested in both the 2L and 4 L sizes with price pending.
would be looking at grabbing maybe 4 or 5.

smash27 said:
please add yourself to the spread sheet linked in my signature, also add in the breakdown the component pieces you are after.

Cheers

Added to list but unsure if I did it correctly.

smash27 said:
you'll need to add yourself mate, I dont know what bits you want, head units, dispensing etc..

Cheers

some correspondence overnight, in the spirit of open discussion, quoted

"If someone does not require a regulator they can take $30 off the package price but everything will have to start as a package. The post heads come with disconnects they are the premium keg king disconnects. If they do not require these they can take $6 off the price of that package"

So what does that mean?

I've asked a few other clarifying questions, in particular with regards to the Extra units, but it seems we can drop $30 for the unit with no Reg and $36 if no Reg and disconnects. Base line prices have also fallen a tad. BUT all single units will come with a ball lock head, I have options for the other head units but I'd rather not complicate things with them (besides, they've been heavily discussed and Im wary of them)

You'll have to give me some time to sort out the effect of this on the spread sheet..

Im experimenting on WillCowans line currently.. So in Will's example... (Ive highlighted the changed cells)

While a head unit has been added, his overall price went down due to no regulator and disconnects.

Do we think this is acceptable?

Sounds good.

To clarify, so EVERY keg will come with the 2-ball-lock head? (i.e.: the "extra kegs" don't/can't come with just a plain cap?).

Is the dispensing Tap (automatically) part of the main package or is that an option also? And so then it's a question of whether you want just the keg, or the keg+tap +/- bits package?

If so, does that mean the options are:

1) basic keg + 2-ball-lock head

2) basic keg + 2-ball-lock head + Dispensing tap
3) basic keg + 2-ball-lock head + Dispensing tap + 2x KK disconnects

4) basic keg + 2-ball-lock head + Dispensing tap + mini reg
5) basic keg + 2-ball-lock head + Dispensing tap + 2x KK disconnects + mini reg (= the main package)

and all these 5 options come in 2, 4 & 5 L sizes.

Is that a correct summary?

So for the 2L size, those options (in order) would be $30, $93, $99, $123, $129. Correct?

Great apologies for labouring this & being a bit of a thickee but i just want to make sure i'm on the right page :huh:

PS: i attached an Excel spreadsheet that seemed to be a handy way to set those options out, if what i'm thinking is correct. Just thought it might be helpful. Please ignore if it's not!

View attachment MiniKegBB.xlsx

Sorry im out entirely, mate got me a couple of growlers as a thanks for doing some work for him. Have edited the spreadsheet to that effect.

Tell me about it. I just won another 4 growlers at the last comp.. I've got 9 glass and 5 stainless now ;)

Nonetheless

@disco, this is how I take it.

As a package, All units come with head and dispensing (tap, disconnects and regulator), however you have the option to remove the regulator and disconnects (-$36) extra units come with cap only.

Type of head will also be optional, though personally, I feel it's a no brainer. I'll add some images of the two head types in the spreadsheet if I can, here if I can't.

Hoping to wrap this up reasonably quickly, next few weeks are going to be hellishly busy..

Highland Games and 'other' ventures...

Images attached of head units

unnamed.jpg

STD Head unit

unnamed-5.jpg

Twin Ball Lock Head unit

Both pictured with a different regulator to the one we are getting

regulator.jpg

I've cross linked the spread sheet back to this post for the images, following the links should be easy enough to decide.

I've also added the two optional head units as STD (Standard) or BL (Ball lock), if anyone wishes to switch head units, please do so. Everybody by default was on the ball lock type.

So... once more for the dummies...

Base units come with keg, BL cap, disconnects, tap, reg
Without disconnects: keg, BL cap, tap
Extra: keg, BL cap

can you get the ''extra'' without getting the base unit?

Dunno, I don't think so, you'd probably need to get the base unit to be eligible for a cheap 2Nd unit.

That's what I'd do if I were supplier anyway (which Im not)

Post 175 has the breakup and what I believe to be correct.

First unit comes with all bells and whistles but has the option of removing the regulator and disconnects (saving $36)

Second unit comes with just lid unless you want the extras.

Damn straight. Clear as the water from an highland stream [emoji6]
Thanks for detailing all that stuff.

Could you clarify with the supplier if you need to get a bells n' whistles unit to be eligible for the extra units (& in each size?)? I'll prob stick to the 2's & 4's, but still deciding if I can afford 1 or 2 BL heads; so that'll help if it's no option anyway.

Oh, and can the supplier get their hands on a soda stream adaptor for the reg?? It's critical for me to get the reg. Obviously happy to pay for it.

Cheers big ears.

can we just get an extra head unit with the connectors?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back