Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingy said:
My 2 litre job fits nice in my fridge
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1481779367.026796.jpg
Been humming and hawing over a 2lt jobbie, I think that photo has me convinced.

Edit: Just like me old mate above :p

Kingy said:
It's only good for 1 person tho, my misses just robbed me of my last schooner lol. Now I'll have to walk down the shed in the rain [emoji299]️
Well I will have 4 of the 5lt ones, I was thinking a 2lt for BYO dinners?

First time user here, my kegs arrived this week from ATHB. just fill directly from the fermenter, connect as per instructions?
Should I test a run with water before beer?

Yea that's what I do but I don't take gas or a tap I just use the lid. Undo and pour as required then replace lid. I got my 2litre from the Australian brewery for $40 filled with one of there beers and the beer can heads fit.
Next time I go I'll be getting another one.
When my old man drops in I usually send him home with 2litres from the keg.
There is good use for the 2litre cans but I like my 5litre ones better.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the 16G No2 bulbs with their mini kegs and regs. I was thinking for RIS etc. I know it would take a couple to fully carbonate, or is it nitrogenate?, but it's still going to be cheaper in the short term that getting another bottle and reg.

you want nitrogen bulbs not no2. they will oxidise your beer very badly.

Spring?

INTERTAP_SPRING_ONLY.jpg

(no affiliation)

Buying only one head unit was a mistake, one I'll have to rectify with the next bulk buy.

dannymars said:
Spring?

INTERTAP_SPRING_ONLY.jpg

(no affiliation)

Buying only one head unit was a mistake, one I'll have to rectify with the next bulk buy.
As has already been said a few times, the intertap spring is too long
a poppet valve spring is perfect

I transfer to the mini keg, top up the gas and let settle for a few hours or more. Remove the head unit and fit the cap that came with the keg. When ready to drink remove the cap and fit the head unit, top up gas again.
I have four 5lt tanks, two head units.

Batz said:
I transfer to the mini keg, top up the gas and let settle for a few hours or more. Remove the head unit and fit the cap that came with the keg. When ready to drink remove the cap and fit the head unit, top up gas again.
I have four 5lt tanks, two head units.
I was thinking of doing that, overcarbing ever so slightly, then just putting the old lid back on
Mrs has given me permission to grab a few more kegs in the MKIV BB, so I might just grab 1 or 2 more kegs and not get another head at this stage

sp0rk said:
I was thinking of doing that, overcarbing ever so slightly, then just putting the old lid back on
Mrs has given me permission to grab a few more kegs in the MKIV BB, so I might just grab 1 or 2 more kegs and not get another head at this stage
Well my thought was I could buy a 5lt tank for around the same price as a head unit. I have two head units already and really could not see myself running more than two kegs at a time.

Back