Mill Best Bang For Buck

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my liver will never out last my mill, I think Ill the mill will be handed down for generations to come; thanks to Budwiser. But hey Ill give it a go! :huh:

With the exception of a few small complaints about Marga Mills from some quarters, you never really see any complaints from anyone about mills - they pretty much all seem to be well made and do a great job. Just find one that has all the features you want and if the price is right just grab it. Sure, they can be kinda expensive but over a lifetime of brewing the cost comes down to pretty much nothing once the savings of being able to buy grain in bulk come in to play.

Go the MM2, can't go wrong. even better is to share the shipping with a fellow brewer. Best investment i have made in the brewery to date.

I have the MM2, its awesome! Well made piece of equipment, I think it will outlast me! I made a hopper out of some water harvesting fittings from bunnings, too easy! Being able to buy my base malts in bulk and get my crush finer for BIAB has been great.

i'm happy with the bog standard MM2 B)

000_0079.jpg

if you haven't already heard it there's a good podcast on the brewing network about milling with the gun from Briess Malting, JZ and Palmer here (bottom of page)

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/Brew-Strong/Page-2

cheers

Having declared my Marga dead today, after a quick sitting of the Expenditure Review Board I placed an order for a basic Crankandstein with the 1/2" adapter.

My plan is to use two bike frames to pedal power it (along with meat mincers and apple scratters) but until that happens, it will be the trusty Ozito Cordless Drill (or maybe a dedicated roofing screw gun a man in the Shed told me about).

I've got a corona. no problems with it. A bit of exercise while you're brewing never hurt anyone.

SWMBO: "what are you doing out there"
me: exercising
*hour later*
SWMBO: what's taking so long
me: I cant let this barley i crushed while exercising go to waste...
SWMBO: ...

Back