Microbreweries In Melbourne Cbd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
Hi people.

My Gf is headed to the Airport right now for a buisness trip in melbourne. She will be there for a few days and likes a good beer just as much as any of us! :D She asked me to find out if there are any good micros in the CBD or not to far out. Or pubs that serve beers from micros. I did a quick google search and found a bunch of diffrent places. Some with good reviews some with bad.
So im here asking if you good beer drinking/making folk who live in the beautiful city of Melbourne can point out some of the better places to go?

Thank you all for any help. :)

Josh.

Mrs. Parma's serve up some good grub (see name of restaurant for clue) and they showcase all Victoria has to offer in terms of micro brewed beers. It's in the CBD, too.

young and jackson, belgium beer case, transport

Beer Deluxe
Cookie
Biero Bar
Penny Blue

All these serve good beers, usually at premium prices.

Yep +1 for Mrs Parma's. Great beer, food and service.

+1 for Beer Deluxe, Mrs Parmas and The Local Taphouse in St Kilda.

Also, theres the Belgian at Eureka Tower, a short walk from Flinders St Station, as is Beer Deluxe and Young and Jacksons.

The places mentioned above are all good.

Can't think of anywhere that actually brews (commercially) in the CBD apart from JS at the Portland. But she could do the short tram ride to the Mountain Goat brewery in Richmond (only open Wednesday and Friday evening AFAIK), followed by a quick stagger to the Royston which has decent food and awesome beer, followed by a longish walk or very short taxi ride to the Terminus.

For another short tram ride in the other direction, the Courthouse in North Melbourne is usually worth a visit.

Thanks for all the replys guys! I sent her the names and addys of a bunch of places you mentiond! :)Im sure she will have a good time. while im stuck here in Adelaide doing the daily grind.

+1 for Mrs Parmas's.

Had a recommendation from the guys on AHB for a business trip to Melbourne & had a great night!

Thanks Merc and DU99. ill pass it on. She is at one of the recomendations mentiond in the first few posts , and enjoying it very much.
I so wish i was there! But im at home drinking some Coopers Sparkling ale untill my IPA is ready to tap on wed.

was at beer deluxe, mrs parmas and young and jackson's 6 months ago
It was all great especially with the cooper's vintage on tap at y&j
But i did most of the drinking with bottles from the bottle shops back at the hotel =)

+1 for Mrs Parmas's.

Had a recommendation from the guys on AHB for a business trip to Melbourne & had a great night!

I've been living in Melbourne for almost 12 months and still haven't made it to Mrs Parmas.

How lame :(

It's been it recommended on this forum heaps, about time I got down there I think!

I've been living in Melbourne for almost 12 months and still haven't made it to Mrs Parmas.

How lame :(

It's been it recommended on this forum heaps, about time I got down there I think!

The GF was in Melb for 1 Hr and made it there! ;)

I'd def say the Bier Cafe on Exhibition st and little Collins st. The downstairs bar always has a huge variety on tap and the bar fridges are stocked pretty full of great beers too.

But for the best bar in town I personally think you can't go past Cookie on Swanston st. The beer menu comes on its own and its about 40 pages long! Go to Cookie and you will find it hard to beat for beer selection, venue, location and hours.

I found it last week and been to Mrs Parma's twice now!! It really is a nice place with fantastic service. Had the Otaway Wild Hop Organic Ale :icon_drool2: Last week gave the Mountain Goat Fancy pants ago and was sensational. Love the rotating taps idea but they dont last long!!!

Back