Mexican Creveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxy007

Reaction score
Hi all,
I like corona and am trying to make a sort of clone using basic kit recipies. I have bottled 2 brews so far with another one fermenting now. All were fermented at a constant 18-20 degrees in primary for 2 weeks. I don't have a secondary.

The 2 bottled brews are coopers mexican creveza kits.
For the first batch (23 litres) I used the kit yeast and 1kg of coopers brew enhacer (BE)2.

I used safale-04 yeast, 1kg of brew enhancer 2 and 1kg of dextrose on the second batch.
It will be interesting to see the difference in each brew.

The one in the fermenter at the moment has 1kg of
BE 2, Safale-04 yeast, 500 grams of dextrose and 500grams of dry malt.

I used the dry malt cause it says it adds to head retention and my first brew didn't have a head on it for longer than 30 seconds.

If I use one of the combos above how would I go about adding lemons to the fermentation? if so, how many? Is there a lemon flavoured hop that I could use instead?

Cheers & thanks for reading,

Maxy

Try using a lager yeast like w34/70 and brew @ 12 deg.

Hops u could use - chinook -citric pine hop with notable grapefruit and pineapple flavours

Cascade - Piney, citrusy, and quite assertive or Centennial

I'm told Glacier hops have the properties you're looking for.

If you are trying to get something that resembles a Corona i'd suggest adding lemon to your beer after you pour it. I've recently tried this same kit and used 500g of Spagnols American Gold Dry Light DME and 400g dextrose. OG was 1.035 at 22C and I used the Coopers yeast supplied with the kit. FG was 1.008 at 18C.

During priming I added another 180 of household sugar to the batch.

I'd have to say that the colour of the final beer appears a bit darker than a true Corona, likely because of the DME. Most of the batch was bottled "plain" but I also tried a couple of experiments:

Six bottles have a slice of pickled jalepenos in each bottle. Another six have a whole red chili pepper added to each bottle. Some have warned me that the fresh peppers will cause intense pain and suffering. We'll see! But where I live spring is just around the corner so if they are undrinkable I will have an unusual marinade for some BBQ steaks and things.

If you are trying to get something that resembles a Corona i'd suggest adding lemon to your beer after you pour it. I've recently tried this same kit and used 500g of Spagnols American Gold Dry Light DME and 400g dextrose. OG was 1.035 at 22C and I used the Coopers yeast supplied with the kit. FG was 1.008 at 18C.

During priming I added another 180 of household sugar to the batch.

I'd have to say that the colour of the final beer appears a bit darker than a true Corona, likely because of the DME. Most of the batch was bottled "plain" but I also tried a couple of experiments:

Six bottles have a slice of pickled jalepenos in each bottle. Another six have a whole red chili pepper added to each bottle. Some have warned me that the fresh peppers will cause intense pain and suffering. We'll see! But where I live spring is just around the corner so if they are undrinkable I will have an unusual marinade for some BBQ steaks and things.

I love the idea of adding the chilli to the brew Grasshopper, i will have to try it in my next cervasa.

:beerbang:

Back