Mexican Cerveza Fg 1010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbrew

Reaction score
i have a batch of mexican cerveza, been fermenting at 18-20 deg for 8 days no action in the airlock for last 3 days and final gravity is 1010, i forgot to get starting gravity when i brewed it
is this ok to bottle, worried about bottle bombs.......
i used one tin of coopers and 700g malt extract and 300g dextrose
also what should be the conditioning time
thanks
shaun
:beerbang:

i have a batch of mexican cerveza, been fermenting at 18-20 deg for 8 days no action in the airlock for last 3 days and final gravity is 1010, i forgot to get starting gravity when i brewed it
is this ok to bottle, worried about bottle bombs.......
i used one tin of coopers and 700g malt extract and 300g dextrose
also what should be the conditioning time
thanks
shaun
:beerbang:

Careful about mentioning airlock activity, it can be met with some interesting responses.

At 1.010 I would think your brew is finished but rely on your hydro, check the brew again two days after last measurement and if it's the same your right to go. It's a good idea to give the yeast more time to clean up after themselves anyway.

If by action, you mean airlock activity, I'm going to drop everything I'm doing, come over to your house, and choke a kitten in front of you as an object lesson.

Wonder how many homebrews butters had when he wrote that!!

nice please do i hate kittens ! after the object lesson can throw it out to me bull terrier he loves cats :)

I'd leave it in the fermentor for another couple of days, will help clean up the brew a bit (even though it looks to be pretty well finished fermenting). I'd condition for at least 4 weeks before sampling but it should be carbed & ready in about two. It will get better with age though. Only reason I see you getting bottle bombs is if you over prime the bottles or it's infected. I'd be happy bottling at that FG

Latest posts

Back