Melbourne - Weyermann Malt Masterclass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyd

Reaction score
logo.gif

Melbourne Brewers, Cryer Malts and Grain and Grape present
The Weyermann Malt Masterclass

Location: Fox Hotel (cnr Alexandra Pde and Wellington St, Collingwood)
Date: Monday 6th September
Time: 19:00
Cost: Gold coin donation at the door

Come join us over a few fine beers as David Cryer joins Thomas Kraus-Weyermann and Sabine Weyermann to discuss all things Malt related; the raw materials, the process, the product. This is a unique opportunity to tap the minds of arguably the most noted malting companies in the world. Being 4th generation maltsters, there isn't much Thomas and Sabine don't know about one of the crucial ingredients in our favorite beverage.

Melbourne Brewers are proud to be your hosts for the evening, and anyone is welcome to come along to be a part of a great evening.

For more information about the night, or about joining Melbourne Brewers, contact us by email on [email protected]

Cheers!

Andy

I went to Thomas's lecture last week in Wellington, at Beervana. This would be one of the highlights of my brewing career, a bit like his Holiness Benedict showing you round the Sistine Chapel in person :rolleyes::icon_cheers:

I learned more about malt in one hour than I've picked up in the last 2 years of brewing. And Thomas is a great personality, his English is a 99 percenter and he'll reply to every question in great depth. The Cryer guy is also a powerhouse. Missed David Cryer at Beervana (wrong session) and didn't get to ask him what the Galaxy replacement is going to be damn. <_<

Anyone in Melbourne, be there or be square. :icon_cheers:

Awesome stuff! Never heard of The Fox before, seems they have some good beers though.

cept they dont stock the kooi ;)

nice one organising this andy, im going to do my best to reach this.

Sigh, its upsetting this is sooo far for me to travel by foot. :rolleyes:

Cant wait for it! Atleast i can crawl home! :icon_drunk:

@ Fourstar.... I hates you !! I love a beer as much as anyone... but I don't wanna run the booze bus gauntlet on my 40 km drive to get home !!

@ Any Melbourne brewers in the Croydon, Moorolbark area... Any chance of scamming a lift on Monday ?

Duck

@ Any Melbourne brewers in the Croydon, Moorolbark area... Any chance of scamming a lift on Monday ?

Damn, you beat me to it :( My car is booked in for a service on Monday so would be keen on a lift as well.

Duck

Atleast i get mine back for once. Driving to and from the gully every meeting isnt the shortest of trips for me! :icon_chickcheers:

Wellington, Sydney, Melbourne...
When is Thomas coming to Brisbane?

Hey Florian did you get my post about the seminar I attended, in reply to your question about Wey. Pilsener malts?

:icon_cheers:

Yes, I saw it, and until now even thought I had replied to it. :unsure:
Turns out I had only drafted the reply in my mind, but not actually typed it out. :eek: Thanks for clarifying my initial question, and going way beyond by giving some insightful info about the Weyermanns.

Still would like to see him in Brisbane, but i guess he would've told you if he would be coming up?

Looking forward to taste your 30% Carapils lager at the next BABBs meeting :lol:

I'll be there ... if I can work out how to get there and then home after.

Andy or MB`ers, Is there a presentation? and what time roughly?

Andy or MB`ers, Is there a presentation? and what time roughly?
logo.gif

Melbourne Brewers, Cryer Malts and Grain and Grape present
The Weyermann Malt Masterclass

Location: Fox Hotel (cnr Alexandra Pde and Wellington St, Collingwood)
Date: Monday 6th September
Time: 19:00
Cost: Gold coin donation at the door

Come join us over a few fine beers as David Cryer joins Thomas Kraus-Weyermann and Sabine Weyermann to discuss all things Malt related; the raw materials, the process, the product.

Florian, thx for pointing out the obvious :rolleyes:
Another northern brainstormer.

Latest posts

Back