Melbourne Water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitalstatistix

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anyone has or can direct me to a water report for Melbourne water. A beersmith file would awesome if anyone has already created one.

Thanks,
AG.

Brewers Choice Article on Melbourne Water

Third Article down on the page. Has some good info, and a bit of a break down that would be handy. Report used is from 2005.

Hopper.

Edit: D'oh Mants has trumped me it appears :D . Still some useful stuff on this page all the same.

Does anyone know which reservoir feeds the Brunswick area? It looks like it might be Yan Yean but being a band new Victorian I am not sure.

Cheers,
AG.

http://www.melbournewater.com.au/content/w...work.asp?bhcp=1 might give you an idea. It shows the location of the reservoirs if you click the appropriate icon

I'm finidng it slightly difficult to work out which one services west Brunswick but it might help if I could rememember if we are with city west water or yarra valley water.

Silvan is most of Melbourne's metropolitan area. http://www.melbournewater.com.au/content/w...n_reservoir.asp

I think some suburbs can have their supply tavel through more than one before getting to taps which makes things a little more difficult to work out.

http://www.melbournewater.com.au/content/w...work.asp?bhcp=1 might give you an idea. It shows the location of the reservoirs if you click the appropriate icon

I'm finidng it slightly difficult to work out which one services west Brunswick but it might help if I could rememember if we are with city west water or yarra valley water.

Silvan is most of Melbourne's metropolitan area. http://www.melbournewater.com.au/content/w...n_reservoir.asp

I think some suburbs can have their supply tavel through more than one before getting to taps which makes things a little more difficult to work out.

thanks manticle. Yes it seems the only way to be sure is to get a sample from ones tap analysed. hmm

You will also find, that depending on where you live you will often get water from more than 1 source.

IE. week 1 water source 1
week 2, water source 2
week 3, blended source 1 & 2

QldKev

thanks manticle. Yes it seems the only way to be sure is to get a sample from ones tap analysed. hmm
Simply telephone the water company and ask. :)

I just did and had them confirm that my water comes from Cardinia (not surprising since it's just up the road).

Somwehere between Dandenong and Mulgrave is the "blended" water area for Cardinia and Silvan water, South East of that line is Cardinia Water. Having lived in Mulgrave, you could taste the difference when the water switched source.

I'm not familiar with where the blend lines are for other sources, but CBD is Silvan FWIU.

Simply telephone the water company and ask. :)

I just did and had them confirm that my water comes from Cardinia (not surprising since it's just up the road).

I emailed Yarra Valley Water.

Currently Brunswick area is serviced by Silvan and Winneke.

There is a fair bit of difference between some of the values from each (particularly the important ions such as chloride, calcium, sulphate etc) so I figure typing in median average values to a water calculator is probably the best bet.

Ive put the I.fo somewhere for yarra valkey watwr incl contact details. I got a full analysis once they knew I didnt want ut to make a complaint.

Ive put the I.fo somewhere for yarra valkey watwr incl contact details. I got a full analysis once they knew I didnt want ut to make a complaint.

Cheers CM2
I did a quick search of the forum, but couldnt find it so I added it to this thread, perhaps if I wern\'t so lazy, i would have looked up the other 2 water companies for their reports while I was at it...nah couldn\'t be fruited.

The report above is for City West Water only, not for all of Melbourne...see South East Water or Yarra Valley Water linky to all three companies:
Melbourne Water

this is probably the same link as what Manticle posted

Cheers CM2
I did a quick search of the forum, but couldnt find it so I added it to this thread, perhaps if I wern\'t so lazy, i would have looked up the other 2 water companies for their reports while I was at it...nah couldn\'t be fruited.

The report above is for City West Water only, not for all of Melbourne...see South East Water or Yarra Valley Water linky to all three companies:
Melbourne Water

this is probably the same link as what Manticle posted
Ill have a look tomorriw once im on a cimputer. Ill find itfir u

Back