Melbourne Malt Bulk Buy Nov 07

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark) - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1xBarret Burston Ale, 1xBarret Burston Pale(Pilsner) 1xWeyermann Munich II, 1x Bairds Roast Barley
2. etbandit (Richmond) - 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x Bairds Golden Promise, 1 x Weyermann Vienna, 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 2 x Bairds Maris Otter
3. Berwyck - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat
4. NRB (Box Hill North) - 1xBB Galaxy, 1xBB Wheat, 1xBairds MO, 1xBairds Crystal Medium
5. devo(Coburg) - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale.
6. haysie-(narre warren) 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x 1x Weyerman Vienna, 1 x Weyerman Pale Wheat
7. Cummins - 1xBairds Golden Promise, 1 x Barret Burston Wheat
8. SpillsMostOfIt (Collingwood) - 1x Barret Burston Ale.
9. Razz (Mornington Peninsula)- 2 x Marris Otter Ale. 2 x Weyermann Pilsner. 1x Barrit Burston Wheat malt. 1 x Weyermann Munich I. 1 x Weyermann Vienna.
10. Lukes - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Pale.
11. Maple (Box Hill South) - 3 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 1 x Weyermann Rye
12. agraham (spotswood) - 1 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x BB Wheat
13. Murray - 2 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Wheat
14. Quintrex - 1 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Ale
15. bigfella - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Barret Burston Wheat, 1x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1x Bairds Maris Otter
16. jasonglare-1xBarret Burston ale
17. Fish (Box Hill North) - 1xBairds Marris Otter, 1xBB Pale (Pilsner), 1x BB Galaxy
18. HillbillyBreweries(MtEvelyn)-1xWeyerman Bohemian Pilsner, 1x Barret Burston Ale
19. Hairofthedog - 2xWeyermann Pilsner
20. yum yum yum (clifton Hill) - 1x Bairds Marris Otter, 1x BB ale, 1x BB Pale (pilsner)
21. Jerry (Doncaster East) - 1x Weyermann Pilsner, 1x BB Ale
22. Mark (Canterbury) 1x Bairds Marris Otter, 1x Bairds Golden Promise, 1 x Weyermann Premium Pils

23. arthur (hampton park) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Wheat.

...And there is the 2 tonne mark!

...And there is the 2 tonne mark!

Which makes for a great bulk buy, but I expect also some potential headaches for Chris who is organising the thing, so we should be mindful of this.

On the day, I will also pick up Quintrex's malt, pretending to give it to him when he comes to my place for the Vic Xmas Case SwaParty.

1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark) - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1xBarret Burston Ale, 1xBarret Burston Pale(Pilsner) 1xWeyermann Munich II, 1x Bairds Roast Barley
2. etbandit (Richmond) - 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x Bairds Golden Promise, 1 x Weyermann Vienna, 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 2 x Bairds Maris Otter
3. Berwyck - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat
4. NRB (Box Hill North) - 1xBB Galaxy, 1xBB Wheat, 1xBairds MO, 1xBairds Crystal Medium
5. devo(Coburg) - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale.
6. haysie-(narre warren) 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x 1x Weyerman Vienna, 1 x Weyerman Pale Wheat
9. Razz (Mornington Peninsula)- 2 x Marris Otter Ale. 2 x Weyermann Pilsner. 1x Barrit Burston Wheat malt. 1 x Weyermann Munich I. 1 x Weyermann Vienna.
10. Lukes - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Pale.
11. Maple (Box Hill South) - 3 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 1 x Weyermann Rye
15. bigfella - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Barret Burston Wheat, 1x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1x Bairds Maris Otter
17. Fish (Box Hill North) - 1xBairds Marris Otter, 1xBB Pale (Pilsner), 1x BB Galaxy
18. HillbillyBreweries(MtEvelyn)-1xWeyerman Bohemian Pilsner, 1x Barret Burston Ale
20. yum yum yum (clifton Hill) - 1x Bairds Marris Otter, 1x BB ale, 1x BB Pale (pilsner)
22. Mark (Canterbury) 1x Bairds Marris Otter, 1x Bairds Golden Promise, 1 x Weyermann Premium Pils
23. arthur (hampton park) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Wheat.
24. AndyD (Balwyn) - 2x Barret Pilsner, 2x Barret Wheat, 2x Barret Medium Crystal, 2x Weyermann Munich II

Am I allowed to now quietly slink away from the AHB board, never to be heard from again, denying all knowledge of a malt bulk buy? :eek:

Seriously, think it is time to start talking logistics, so to this end I am going to outline what I plan to do so you all know what to expect.

i) Tomorrow night we close off the ordering, and send a request off to Cryer Malts to ensure that they actually have the stock we are trying to order. Note it will be on a first come first served basis, so the first to order will receive priority if there is not enough of a particular malt. In this case you can either drop the order, or choose a substitute ( will do this via PM so not to spam the board too much).

ii) Once the order is finalized for you I will PM you with the exact list of grains and the price for the grains, as well as details of my account that I need you to pay into so that I can pay Cryer Malts prior to the day.
My target is to have this all wrapped up by Friday if possible. If you don't pay by this time, your malt will not be ordered.

Please don't ask me to carry the order without prior payment, if this does not go well it will make SWHBO more reluctant to let me do these type of activities in the future.

iii) Once payment is sent off to Cryer Malts and accepted I will post details to the forum of the finalised order.

(Ok that wasn't to bad was it?).

Now the hard part. Somehow we need to coordinate x number of blokes to pick up over 2 tonne of grain on Weds 24th Nov.

As we all roughly know where each other lives, and some of you have already made arrangements regarding picking up other peoples grain, I need to start getting this documented on the list.

To this end ( and to make the list even more complicated ) can you please put a P after your name and your estimated carrying capacity so that I can start working through the logistics.

e.g.

1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark P30) - 1xBB Wheat, 1xBB Galaxy, 1xBB Ale, 1xBB Pale(Pilsner) 1xW Munich II, 1x B Roast Barley

ie signifies that I can carry 30 sacks of grain total ( do not take off your own sacks into account, I want the total carrying capacity, not just extra ). I have put down 30 because I will have a trailer.

Please do not commit to be at the pick up unless you absolutely can make it on the day (or someone else in your place). No one is going to be impressed if we are left with too few cars and too many sacks to take away.

Note if you are ordering a lot of grain, it would be kind of nice if you could turn up (or get some else if you are ordering on behalf of a group).

In regards to timing I will be their early and work pressures permitting I will stay until it is all sorted out. If I can only get the 1/2 day off, Devo has volunteered to hang around for late comers (thanks Devo).

Also append on the end any arrangements you have made to pick up others grain.

If it becomes evident that we are not going to have enough transport on the day, I will work on a plan B which may involve:

a.) Splitting the pickup in to two different days to allow for more people to be involved ( note someone else will have to step up to coordinate the second pickup on the day ).

or

b.) Orders will have to be cut back to fit the amount of transport available.

In that order of preference.

Lets hope plan B is not required.

Well have I made it complicated enough now for one evening ;)

Cheers

Chris

1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark P30) - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1xBarret Burston Ale, 1xBarret Burston Pale(Pilsner) 1xWeyermann Munich II, 1x Bairds Roast Barley
24. AndyD (Balwyn) - 2x Barret Pilsner, 2x Barret Wheat, 2x Barret Medium Crystal, 2x Weyermann Munich II

I know a lot of you have already told me if you are going to be able to make the pickup. I will go through the posts when I get time and update it, but I need you to also confirm your carrying capacity (please don't be too optimistic in this regard).

Of course if you beat me to it (updating the list) that will be OK to ;)

Here is the summary for those that don't like reading long overly complicated drawn out posts:

i) bulk buy orders closed 9PM Tuesday.

ii) await confirmation of order, and arrange substitutes etc if required.

iii) payment attempt to be finalized by Friday ( will all be done via transfer to my account, then onto to Ross at Craftbrewer ) I will send you a PM with details on what to do and final price.

In the meantime please update the list with your intention to be involved on the day.
eg
1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark P30) - 1xBB Wheat, 1xBB Galaxy, 1xBB Ale, 1xBB Pale(Pilsner) 1xW Munich II, 1x B Roast Barley

P30 means - will be at pick up, can carry 30 sacks total. (Note I can carry that much because I have a trailer).

Cheers
Chris

1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark P30) - 1xBB Wheat, 1xBB Galaxy, 2xBB Ale, 1xBB Pale(Pilsner), 2xW Munich II, 1xB Roast Barley, 1xB Brown

Ok here are the transport details that I currently know about, if you have an N after your location, it means that you have said you definitely can not make it on Weds 21st for pick up.

Please review and fill in the blanks, would also prefer if you put an N against your location if you can not attend on the pick up day.

Cheers

1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark P30) - 1xBB Wheat, 1xBB Galaxy, 2xBB Ale, 1xBB Pale(Pilsner), 2xW Munich II, 1xB Roast Barley, 1xB Brown
2. etbandit (Richmond N) - 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x Bairds Golden Promise, 1 x Weyermann Vienna, 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 2 x Bairds Maris Otter
3. Berwyck (? P?) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat
4. NRB (Box Hill North N) - 1xBB Galaxy, 1xBB Wheat, 1xBairds MO, 1xBairds Crystal Medium
5. devo(Coburg P20) - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale.
6. haysie-(narre warren P?) 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x 1x Weyerman Vienna, 1 x Weyerman Pale Wheat
8. SpillsMostOfIt (Collingwood P?) - 1x Barret Burston Ale. (will pick up Quintrex's malt).
9. Razz (Mornington Peninsula P?)- 2 x Marris Otter Ale. 2 x Weyermann Pilsner. 1x Barrit Burston Wheat malt. 1 x Weyermann Munich I. 1 x Weyermann Vienna.
10. Lukes (? P?) - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Pale.
11. Maple (Box Hill South P?) - 3 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 1 x Weyermann Rye (possibly will pick up for Fish and NRB)
12. agraham (spotswood P?) - 1 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x BB Wheat
15. bigfella (Boxhill ?) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Barret Burston Wheat, 1x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1x Bairds Maris Otter
17. Fish (Box Hill North N) - 1xBairds Marris Otter, 1xBB Pale (Pilsner), 1x BB Galaxy
21. Jerry (Doncaster East N) - 1x Weyermann Pilsner, 1x BB Ale

2. etbandit (Richmond N) - 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x Bairds Golden Promise, 1 x Weyermann Vienna, 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 2 x Bairds Maris Otter
3. Berwyck (? P?) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat
4. NRB (Box Hill North N) - 1xBB Galaxy, 1xBB Wheat, 1xBairds MO, 1xBairds Crystal Medium
5. devo(Coburg P20) - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale.
6. haysie-(narre warren P?) 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x 1x Weyerman Vienna, 1 x Weyerman Pale Wheat
8. SpillsMostOfIt (Collingwood P?) - 1x Barret Burston Ale. (will pick up Quintrex's malt).
9. Razz (Mornington Peninsula P?)- 2 x Marris Otter Ale. 2 x Weyermann Pilsner. 1x Barrit Burston Wheat malt. 1 x Weyermann Munich I. 1 x Weyermann Vienna.
10. Lukes (Montrose P4-5) - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Pale.
11. Maple (Box Hill South P?) - 3 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 1 x Weyermann Rye (possibly will pick up for Fish and NRB)
15. bigfella (Boxhill ?) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Barret Burston Wheat, 1x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1x Bairds Maris Otter
17. Fish (Box Hill North N) - 1xBairds Marris Otter, 1xBB Pale (Pilsner), 1x BB Galaxy

Is the pick up @ Precision Containers ?

9. Razz (Mornington Peninsula P20)- 2 x Marris Otter Ale. 2 x Weyermann Pilsner. 1x Barrit Burston Wheat malt. 1 x Weyermann Munich I. 1 x Weyermann Vienna.
10. Lukes (Montrose P4-5) - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Pale.

8. SpillsMostOfIt (Collingwood P3) - 1x Barret Burston Ale. (will pick up Quintrex's malt).
9. Razz (Mornington Peninsula P20)- 2 x Marris Otter Ale. 2 x Weyermann Pilsner. 1x Barrit Burston Wheat malt. 1 x Weyermann Munich I. 1 x Weyermann Vienna.

8. SpillsMostOfIt (Collingwood P3) - 1x Barret Burston Ale. (will pick up Quintrex's malt).
11. Maple (Box Hill South P15-18) - 3 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 1 x Weyermann Rye (possibly will pick up for Fish and NRB)

Have coverage for fish and NRB who can't make it on the day

btw -> love ur work Chris

11. Maple (Box Hill South P15-18) - 3 x BB Galaxy, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x Weyermann Munich TYPE I, 1 x Weyermann Rye (possibly will pick up for Fish and NRB)
12. agraham (spotswood P10) - 1 x BB Ale, 1 x BB Pale(Pilsner), 1 x BB Wheat

Great work here chris. Maybe with a 2 ton order we should get some super pricing?

Now the hard part. Somehow we need to coordinate x number of blokes to pick up over 2 tonne of grain on Weds 24th Nov.

I have the 24th as a Saturday, is pickup on Wednesday the 21st? Either way I will still be in the country, so I can make the pickup :) Cheers for organizing this Chris, massive!
- berwyck

3. Berwyck (Brunswick West P5 or 6) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat

3. Berwyck (Brunswick West P5 or 6) - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat
24. AndyD (Balwyn N - will arrange with Bigfella) - 2x Barret Pilsner, 2x Barret Wheat, 2x Barret Medium Crystal, 2x Weyermann Munich II

I have the 24th as a Saturday, is pickup on Wednesday the 21st? Either way I will still be in the country, so I can make the pickup :) Cheers for organizing this Chris, massive!
- berwyck

Hi All,

Just to clarify, pick up is Wednesday 21st.

Thanks for the correction Berwyck.

1. Chris Taylor (Mooroolbark P30) - 1xBB Wheat, 1xBB Galaxy, 3xBB Ale, 2xBB Pale(Pilsner), 2xW Munich II, 1xB Roast Barley, 1xB Brown
24. AndyD (Balwyn N - will arrange with Bigfella) - 2x Barret Pilsner, 2x Barret Wheat, 2x Barret Medium Crystal, 2x Weyermann Munich II

Latest posts

Back