Melbourne: How long until another grain bulk buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good onya for running with this Syl, I'm interested in seeing the price list & I'll be in for at least one. Cheers

OzPaleAle said:
Hi Mudd, I use these bins for storing museli etc They stack on top of each other and have the hinged lid, I just have scoops in them and scoop them out.
Not particularly air tight if thats an issue.
I do remember seeing a similar thing at IKEA some time ago also.

http://www.hsw.com.au/index.php?product&id_prod=2363&id_cat=1&id_dept=1#.Ug132I7rbHg
Do these hold a full bag? I generally work off grain displacing 70% of its weight so going by that it ought to...

Any other good containers people can recommend? This is my first BB so need to have a good way to store the 4 bags I'm buying.

Not sure pedleyr, my first grain buy also. They are not overly airtight, not sure if thats an issue.

Untracked. You will be fine.

Get pails from bunnings or anything else. No biggie.

pedleyr said:
Do these hold a full bag? I generally work off grain displacing 70% of its weight so going by that it ought to...

Any other good containers people can recommend? This is my first BB so need to have a good way to store the 4 bags I'm buying.
They won't even go close, plus not being airtight = not being varmit proof.

I think you'll need at least 45 litres to hold 25 kg of grain.

The best imo are the 60 litre barrels with a screw on lid and rubber seal.

There is a thread on here, where a bloke sells second hand ones, out of Sydney. You might be able to find some closer to where you are.

Back