Melbourne: How long until another grain bulk buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syl

Reaction score
I missed the last one and I have been waiting impatiently for the next one.

Are people getting close? It's been around 3 months now. EOI?

As always happens some cheeky bugger will reply promptly and tell you to start your own bulk buy so you no longer have to wait.

But I wouldn't do that - oh sheesh. Just did. And count me in for the next one too whether you start one or someone else!
Need a few bits and pieces myself.

Hopper :)

I don't mind organising it, although a Melbourne grain BB is probably not good for a newbie BB organiser considering it is one of the most popular!!!

syl said:
I don't mind organising it, although a Melbourne grain BB is probably not good for a newbie BB organiser considering it is one of the most popular!!!
It's easy mate. If I could run one, then anyone can.

It does help to be good at spreadsheets and general internet things...

Pros...

You choose the place that suits you
You choose the date that suits you
You make the rules
Some generous folk hand over their crafted goods for your service
Seeing several (6 in my case) pallets of grain waiting to be turned into beer
Your helping out your Victorian AHB'ers

Cons...

There's no real downside, but can take up some of your time organising things

PM me if you have any questions

Cheers

Nibbo

I would be up for at least 2 bags. I am new to the area, where does everyone go for bulk hops?

Hey there cave brewing for hops I can't say enough good things about Hop Dealz Australia. No affiliation except I post on the same beer forum as the bloke that runs it. Service is fantastic, prices and products even better.

I'm keen on taking part in my first grain bb. Three bags for me!

Hi Syle. Looks like your it, I'm sure some of the members will help out with spreadsheets etc. Get the cash up front so your not out of pocket.
I'm looking for cost affective grain bins as well not sure about others, would be handy to pick up some bins at the same time (looking in hardware store I haven't been very impressed

Suggest you start a new topic. I'm in for a couple of bags too.
Cheers Mudd.

Yeah, that's fine. I am just leaving it another week or so for more people to get expressions of interest in. Then look at an early September bb at grain and grape.

Should be good fun!

mudd said:
Hi Syle. Looks like your it, I'm sure some of the members will help out with spreadsheets etc. Get the cash up front so your not out of pocket.
I'm looking for cost affective grain bins as well not sure about others, would be handy to pick up some bins at the same time (looking in hardware store I haven't been very impressed

Suggest you start a new topic. I'm in for a couple of bags too.
Cheers Mudd.
Hi Mudd, I use these bins for storing museli etc They stack on top of each other and have the hinged lid, I just have scoops in them and scoop them out.
Not particularly air tight if thats an issue.
I do remember seeing a similar thing at IKEA some time ago also.

http://www.hsw.com.au/index.php?product&id_prod=2363&id_cat=1&id_dept=1#.Ug132I7rbHg

mudd said:
Get the cash up front so your not out of pocket.

This is mandatory. The one I ran was upwards of 10 grand and at least 1 participant was never heard from again so there is no way anyone should even consider fronting the cash themselves. No pay on time = no grain.

manticle said:
This is mandatory. The one I ran was upwards of 10 grand and at least 1 participant was never heard from again so there is no way anyone should even consider fronting the cash themselves. No pay on time = no grain.
Yup. Will be all over it. Just following Cocko's instructions from the previous basically!

manticle said:
Ha! I remember that dude. We ended up splitting the guys grain, and I got my first 6Kg of smoked grain. Smoked porter is now one of my favourite beers. :D

Oh and I'll have a bag or two.

hehehe well i am waiting on a price list now. Not long to go!

Back