Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
Well, before the holiday season kicks in, I want to set up a bulk buy of grain. At this stage just names and interest is OK. I'll get in touch with the places to buy if there is enough interest and we can get a bulk buy rolling.

1. practicalfool - 1 X pilsener, 0.5X (Vienna, Munich)...

Its only been a while since the last one but i'd still be in for 1-2 sacks. Where would pick up be, that would be the major factor in my decision seeing I don't drive and would rely on a mate to pick it up.

2. yum yum yum - 1 x Weyerman Vienna, 1 x weyerman Munich

3. zebba - 1 x Golden Promise, may split some vienna with anyone interested. Pending final details, of course...

I think the last one was done through G&G with pickup at their shop. If that happens a lot of people can do it I reckon, the other option suggested to me is a pallet load from craftbrewer. Now that will need a place of delivery somewhere central so if anyone has ideas about where that can be please contribute :)

PK, you're a man with bigger kahunas than me! :D

Be ready for all the hard work organising this bad boy. Assuming my Crisp MO beers are awesome(they smell freakin delicious), i might jump in on some more of that grain if you're purchasing from G&G but at this stage i'll hold off until you get some price lists from whoever you go with. :icon_cheers:

Assuming my Crisp MO beers are awesome(they smell freakin delicious), i might jump in on some more of that grain if you're purchasing from G&G but at this stage i'll hold off until you get some price lists from whoever you go with. :icon_cheers:

+1, am already nearing the end of my MO from the last bulk buy, but will wait till you decide on the supplier (am pretty keen to get the Crisp MO again)

I seem to have loads of grain but might be in for some european pils (maybe dingemans) and some marris otter. Depends a little on when.

I'll email G&G today and craftbrewer prices are pretty public anyway. If I gets quickly taken up by mid next month would be my preference. Let's see what Paul at g&g or anyone have to say. Pls keep adding to the list so I have a good Initial estimate of number of bags in some days.

i'd be in for 2 or 3 bags. Can we get the US varieties yet? if so, a few splits on top.

3. zebba - 1 x Golden Promise, may split some vienna with anyone interested. Pending final details, of course...
4. Some crisp Maris Otter-maybe
5. Nickg - 2X base +1x med cystal
6. Melovebeer - some Maris Otter maybe
7. Manticle - Some E pils and Maris Otter
8. Maple - 2-3 bags, maybe more if US malts too.

So far I count 13-15 bags (roughly). Good number to email for. I'll post back.

4. Some crisp Maris Otter-maybe
9. Quintrex - 1 x rye, 1 x peated malt, 1 x wheat

Adjusting number 4 with my name assuming that was for me PK.

4. Fourstar - Crisp Maris Otter- If available
10. Fourstar -

How have they been mate? :icon_drunk:

Yeh, I've become a bit of a fan of the Crisp MO. I haven't done a side by side with the Simpsons (which I was using previously), but the kegs are emptying themselves as rapidly as ever :icon_cheers:

Edit: speeling ;)

Just had a call back from John at G&G, he was quite surprised that we are doing another bulk buy so soon.. hehe, well, he'll get me prices in a few days (by monday at the most but likely Saturday) and we can pick it up as they get delivery, he did say that preferably late november when they have a brew day on would be a good day so lets see how quick ppl are with confirming orders and paying once the price list is up. So currently, looking at between mid-late november for pickup from G&G. Full Pallet is 40 bags, I already count ~18 listed so not bad interest for a day's worth.

Besides Weyermann, another german malt will also likely be available, lets see what he gets back to me with.

PS: Yes, Braden, #4* is you ;)

Code:
1. practicalfool - 1 X pilsener, 0.5X (Vienna, Munich, Wheat)...

Code:

6. Melovebeer - some Maris Otter… maybe

10. likesbeer:D - 4-5 bags

11.Chadjaja-1-3 bags

11.Chadjaja-1-3 bags
12.proudscum 1xMaris Otter +1 other pils/pale

Back