Melbourne For A Night

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorBob

Reaction score
Likely to get a night in Melbourne soon with work. Can't have a big night as have to work next day but would like to take in a microbrewery if possible. I am likely to be staying at the Oaks on Market. A quick web search found Bells a short wobble away. Worth a visit? Any others in town? Cheers!

Likely to get a night in Melbourne soon with work. Can't have a big night as have to work next day but would like to take in a microbrewery if possible. I am likely to be staying at the Oaks on Market. A quick web search found Bells a short wobble away. Worth a visit? Any others in town? Cheers!
Bells don't do the beers they used too...
+1 for Mrs Parma's...
Or check out the Royston Hotel , in Richmond...
Cheers
Ferg

Mrs Parmas is your closest option, The Royston is probably a 10-15 minute tram ride each way. The Local Taphouse is a short train ride from Flinders St or a 20-30 minute tram ride will drop you literally at the door.

As others have said Mrs Parma's is a good option, however if you want to get on a tram the Local Tap House in St Kilda is also worth a visit.
If you're in town on a Wed or Fri night and want to visit a micro, visit Mountain Goat in Richmond (not too far from the tram).

If you're in town on a Wed or Fri night and want to visit a micro, visit Mountain Goat in Richmond (not too far from the tram).

Plus it's virtually opposite the Royston

Cookies has nice Thai food and a pretty good range of beer... but it's really worth the tram trip to St Kilda to check out the Local Taphouse.

+1 for Cookies, great range 1/252 Swanston Street, upstairs on the third level I think, no signs on the door.

+ 1 for the taphouse. If you feel like taking a short tram ride i think its the best option

Bells don't do the beers they used too...
+1 for Mrs Parma's...
Or check out the Royston Hotel , in Richmond...
Cheers
Ferg

If its a wednesday or friday night, across the road from the royston is mountain goat. open bar on wednesdays and fridays with special only avail at the brewery beers too! ;)

I agree the royston is top notch.
I am a big fan of the Mitre in the CBD, "behind" the RACV between collins and little collins.

I didn't know about Mrs parma's which is annoying as I used to work up that end of town.

Mrs parmas is a good option but for good local beers on tap young and jacksons has a good selection

This is good timing. i will be over there for a few nights aswell. which i will need to fill up.

+1 for Cookies, great range 1/252 Swanston Street, upstairs on the third level I think, no signs on the door.

third level would be the rooftop bar. cookie is first level, the toff is the second level and rooftop bar is third level. carrying beer deliverys up those stairs is an absolute bitch.

ahhh, you be the delivery boy Fents :p

+1 for Local Taphouse and Mrs Parmas...

Umm, Isn't there like six levels in that building?

third level would be the rooftop bar. cookie is first level, the toff is the second level and rooftop bar is third level. carrying beer deliverys up those stairs is an absolute bitch.

Thanks for the advice guys. Ended up in Mrs Palmers for a few. Enjoyed the amber ale, and had my first smoked ale, which was loverly!

Latest posts

Back