Melbourne Bulk Hops Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tally so far is

Saaz 6kg

Cascade 9kg

Hallertau 6kg

Millenium 1.5kg

POR 1kg

Cluster 1kg

Superpride 500gms

Looks like the Saaz, hallertau and cascade are goers. If someone took one more kg od cascade then we would make it 10kg.

Remember, Ithere are only 5kg packs available and if we dont make up the numbers we cant buy them.

I'll post a more detailed update once the order is finalised. Like I said earlier I will have to refer to the time stamps of individual orders when they are distributed.

cheers
johnno

To all the brewers who were interested in the buy, I have some news.

I was able to get some of the 2006 crop aussie cascade and have a brew in primary that I will rack today.

I made this brew last weekend. Whislt making the brew I noticed the flavour and aroma was not anywhere near as good as the US variety.

Today I sampled from the hydro tube and IMHO these hops are not worth the asking price of about $30 a kg.

IF they were going for about half of the asking price they would be ok for standard house beers.

On this information I wil not go ahead with this buy as I would rather spend the extra and get proper hops.

I apologise if I have stuffed anyone around, but I think it is better than dissapointing people after they have purchased them.

cheers
johnno

heh, I'd actually come to the conclusion I've overdone the cascade in my last 4-5 beers and was meaning to make a post to pull out. I read the first half of that post and thought "oh shit, too late" but I guess it's all good now.

Just bringing this to the top again in case anyone missed that it has been cancelled.

cheers
johnno

Latest posts

Back