Melbourne Bulk Hops Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
If there is enough interest I can get the following hops.

2007 crop. All Australian product.

Millennium
Clusters
Saaz
Cascade
Hallertau
POR
Superpride

Price will be about $30kg give or take a couple of $ landed in Melbourne (to be confirmed). The catch is that I can only get 5kg packs. So if there is enough interest in a variety then it can go ahead. I want to keep the lots to 1kg, maybe 500gm at the smallest. I dont really want to muck around with 100gm lots.

This is a good opportunity to stock up on available varieties for the next year.

Pickup is at my place in Werribbee, unless I am visiting the outlaws in the outer East. Then I may be able to drop some off on the way.

To anyone that was aware of this and was waiting for 1kg packs, they are not available for this season.

Orders need to be finalised within the next 2 weeks.

Hopefully there will be enough interest to go ahead with this.

cheers

johnno

What are they?

Pellets, Plugs or Flowers.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Johnno,

Do you have or are you going to be able to get the %AA measurement for these hops?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,
The only info I have is from last years crop. It should be thereabouts again this season.

Pride of Ringwood alpha 9.4%
Super Pride 5kg packs 14%
Tasmanian Saaz 4.8% alpha
Tasmanian Hallertau 4.3% alpha
Cascade 5kg 5.5% alpha

I beleive Millenium are high alpha. Dont have a clue about cluster. But I imagine they will be in the 5-8% alpha range.

So far we have

Hallertau 2kg

Cascade 2kg

sazz 2kg

Millenium 1kg

Cluster 1kg

cheers
johnno

Hi Johnno,

I'm interested in:

Saaz (500gm)
Cascade (2kg)
Hallertau (1kg)
POR (500gm)

Let me know if the 500gm is an issue and I will decide whether to go up in quantity or cross them off the list.

I would much prefer the outer-east drop off if it could be arranged, either way let me know.

Cheers

Chris

[email protected]

Hi Chris,
500gm lots are ok. But that is the smallest I would like to go.

If this does eventuate. I do go over to the east to visit the outlaws so a dropoff should be fine.

So far we have

Sazz 2.5kg

Cascade 4 kg

Hallertau 3 kg

Millenium 1kg

Cluster 1kg

POR 500gm

Hopefully a few more will jump on and this can go ahead.

cheers
johnno

I'd like 500g of cascade and 500g of saaz

Figures at the moment are. I have just done a quick count but need to confoirm later.

Hallertau 4.5kg

Millenium 1.5kg
Clusters 1kg
Cascade 6.5 kg
POR 500gm
Saaz 3.5kg

Remember for this to go ahead for any variety we need at least 5kg of any type of hop.

cheers
johnno

I'll take the extra 1/2 k of hall to make the 5 kg.

- Luke

BTW has anyone ever used Aussie Saaz :blink:

hope this isn't too far off topic... Edit: if you want me to move to another thread let me know Johnno & I'll delete this post.

I'd love to hear from anyone that's used aussie cascade as I've been told it has a cluster taste to it - I would really like to hear some opinions on these aussie hops as I'd been keen to stock the ones people like/want.

cheers Ross

The Aussie cascade isn't bad, but i haven't used it exclusively yet. Did taste like Cascade to me. Might do a single hop pale ale and see.

The Norwest Pale Ale wort kit supposedly uses it, so anyone that's tried that can give feedback.

Hi Johnno,

Want to increase some of my orders ( I'm actually doing to with about 4 other people so the numbers might still go up ).

Can you please change my amounts as follows:

Saaz (1kg) << Added 500gms
Cascade (2kg)
Hallertau (1kg)
POR (1kg) << Added 500gms

I have one other person yet to get back to me, so these amounts will probably go up yet.

When is the cut off date to let you know?

Cheers

Chris

Ross,
That's why I asked cause the B Saaz flowers from over the ditch I got from you the other week are magical and not much more expensive :beerbang: .

The Tassie hops I got last year were good fresh but I had no way to vacum seal so they suffered towards the end

- Luke

I have not tried any of these Aussie varieties yet.

So I too do not know what to expect.

I am expecting some Cascade and Saaz from last years crop. Hopefully will have them tomorrow and brew with them this weekend. Otherwise I will have to wait till next week as next monday is a public holiday here.

Cheers
johnno

At the moment The Hallertau and the Saaz are goers. They have reached the 5kg mark.

We still need more of the other varieties to be able to purchase them.

cheers
johnno

If your prepared to post to Sydney, I'll take 1kg Cascade, 500g Hallertau, 500g Saaz.

If your prepared to post to Sydney, I'll take 1kg Cascade, 500g Hallertau, 500g Saaz.

Killer,
I have no way of repackaging the hops. Also by the time I remail them to you cost would go up again.

Unfortunately no, I cannot do it. :(

cheers
johnno

Hi Johnno,

Hope its not too late to revise my wishlist. Hopefully this is the last time.

Saaz (1.5 kg) << Added 500gms
Cascade (2kg)
Hallertau (1.5kg) << Added 500gms
POR (1kg)
Superpride (0.5kg) << Added 500gms

Cheers

Chris

This is still open for orders if anyone else is intertested.

I have had a couple more orders over the weekend and I will compile a list sometime today to see where we are at.

Remember I can only get 5 kg lots so if we don't make the lots the buy can not go ahead.

I will check timestamps of posts and PM's if it comes down to it as it will be first in first served.

cheers
johnno

Back