Melbourne Brewers Beerfest 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compmaster returns this error when selecting the comp in both Chrome and IE:

user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND `uid`=' at line 1 query: SELECT COUNT(*) as num from `specialaccess` where `compinstid`= AND `uid`=; in /webroot/c/o/compm001/compmaster.com.au/www/sites/all/modules/CompMaster/compmaster_core/core_database.inc on line 246.

How am i going to enter? I need time to post the entries, so time is running out.

Dear organisers and AndyD, just looking at entering a newer dopplebock this year (lighter style) but there isn't one listed in CompMaster - I just wanted to check if missed as listed in 4. Strong Ale / Lager is Traditional Bock and then Eisbock. BTW, there are two fields as #2 Strong Pale Lager.. Cheers. Dan

husky said:
I have been granted a leave pass for one night only from the other half! Question is which night to go? Any pointers?
I am keen to give judging a crack if that helps work out which is the best night to go?
I'd say the Saturday mate, it has the most flights and the after drinks ate more extended and outrageous

Yob said:
I'd say the Saturday mate, it has the most flights and the after drinks ate more extended and outrageous
Done! You heading down mate?

fungrel said:
Compmaster returns this error when selecting the comp in both Chrome and IE:

user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND `uid`=' at line 1 query: SELECT COUNT(*) as num from `specialaccess` where `compinstid`= AND `uid`=; in /webroot/c/o/compm001/compmaster.com.au/www/sites/all/modules/CompMaster/compmaster_core/core_database.inc on line 246.

How am i going to enter? I need time to post the entries, so time is running out.
This happened to me this morning. Right alongside that notice is another log-in box. Just log-in there again (ignore the notice) and you can navigate through. Once I was on the Beerfest2017 entry page submitting a beer the notice was gone and didn't reappear. Good luck.

Just heading over to the Beerfest 2017 Volunteer section now. Catch youse Sat AM! yippeeee

The link takes me to the page but the required fields tabs aren't working. I can select a day and morning afternoon etc but not much good because it won't let me put my details in.

I'm up for Stewarding Sat AM and Sat PM and either or of those can be swapped out for a novice judge session if needed.

PM'd TommyC with deets.

Thanks Droid.

I'll look into that google form to see whats going on.

If anyone else is having trouble with the google form for volunteering to judge or steward at Beerfest, PM me and I'll be in touch.

^novice could be the wrong word - never judged and no credentials but could work with someone who has...

You don't need credentials to judge (or steward). All novice judges will be placed with at least one experienced judge.

And for those judges who have credentials, Beerfest is registered with BJCP so you will get points for judging.

dan@twtr_dan said:
Dear organisers and AndyD, just looking at entering a newer dopplebock this year (lighter style) but there isn't one listed in CompMaster - I just wanted to check if missed as listed in 4. Strong Ale / Lager is Traditional Bock and then Eisbock. BTW, there are two fields as #2 Strong Pale Lager.. Cheers. Dan
Hi Dan

I'll have a word with the competition director to see if it is missing, but I remember Dopplebock wasn't in Beerfest last year and I put mine in as a Traditional Bock (took second place in the category).

Cheers

Tom

droid said:
This happened to me this morning. Right alongside that notice is another log-in box. Just log-in there again (ignore the notice) and you can navigate through. Once I was on the Beerfest2017 entry page submitting a beer the notice was gone and didn't reappear. Good luck.

Just heading over to the Beerfest 2017 Volunteer section now. Catch youse Sat AM! yippeeee
sorry about the error there guys. Droid is right. If the login box appears again please log in again to get it working...

I'm working on an update to the site at the moment which I'm hoping to have ready soon which will resolve this.

Regards,

Andy

Nullnvoid, the short answer is yes.

The drop off details are available in the Compmaster under competition details.

Drop-off Details
Entries may be delivered to the following participating Victorian Home Brew Shops:
  • Grain & Grape, 5/280 Whitehall St., Yarraville 3013
  • Greensborough Home Brewing Supplies, 22 Louis Street. Greensborough 3088
  • The Brewer’s Den, 253 Dorset Road Boronia 3155
  • Brewers Choice, 1389 Healesville Road, Woori Yallock, VIC. 3139
  • Keg King, Warehouse 2 33-35 Smith Rd, Springvale, VIC, 3171
  • Home Make It: 4/158 Wellington Rd, Clayton, VIC 3168
  • Home Make It. 265 Spring St, Reservoir VIC 3073
Postal entries are to be sent to The Brewers Den
Entry Restrictions
Two Entries per majo

Hate to see the long answer ;)

Just kidding I missed that last night when I entered. I was in a bit of a rush though.

Thanks!

TommyC said:
Thanks Droid.

I'll look into that google form to see whats going on.

If anyone else is having trouble with the google form for volunteering to judge or steward at Beerfest, PM me and I'll be in touch.
This, along with a number of other category omissions, was the result of a move a few years ago to purge styles supported by other competitions. Since then we've moved to open it up again (in response to slightly improved judge numbers and a desire to provide multiple entry opportunities for styles), but this one hasn't come in yet.

We'll conduct another category review after the competition, but for this year dopplebock is not specifically supported (you could enter it as a specialty if you would like).

Also thanks for spotting the double up - that obviously got missed in our competition review. I'll get onto fixing that up.

Regards,

Andy

would be good to get a few more in for Judging and stewarding

did we mention FREE BEER and FOOD? (for those involved in the running of the comp)

also, as we are out of the soptlight a bit, I assume there will be an abundance of kegs about..

Im looking to bring a certain amount of several RIS's and they will be on offer on the Saturday after (or toward the end) the the play...

I contacted campapse downs and they said to make an individual booking (for a bed) through the beerfest group, not through them. Can I get a bed ploise?

Droid, please pm me your details once you have done the payment. Will include you in the list.

Accommodation:
$54 per person for a single night
$87 per person for two nights​
Accomodation must be paid up front prior to the event, direct transfer to the Melbourne brewers account details below.​
Acc: Melbourne Brewers
BSB: 033-337​
Account: 182592​
(Please leave your name and bfaccom as your transfer note for traceability.)​

Please visit Melbourne Brewers website for food details or see below:

Meals
For catering purposes we request pre purchasing of meals to assist in food preparation and quantities.
Please send an email to [email protected] to order your meal(s).

There will be no guaranteed food which is not pre-purchased. If you wish to secure a meal it is recommended to order in advance.

Meals package - $50 for the entire weekend.
BBQ on Friday night
Homemade Burgers, Gourmet Snags, Rolls and Salads

[SIZE=small]Breakfast [/SIZE][SIZE=small]on Saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=small] and [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Sunday[/SIZE][SIZE=small] morning[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Bacon, Eggs, Mushrooms, Beans, Tomato, Spinach, Hash Browns[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Lunch [/SIZE][SIZE=small]on Saturday[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Hot Roast Beef / Cold Roast Chicken, Bread rolls, Gravy and a variety of Salads[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Dinner [/SIZE][SIZE=small]on Saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=small] night[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Beef Brisket, Roast Pork, Baked Potatoes, Gravy, Vegies and Salad.[/SIZE]

Vegetarian Option - Lentil Burgers Friday night and Vegetable Frittata Saturday night
Note: There is NO gluten free or vegan options.

Individual meals
The above meals will also be available for those that attend on an ad-hoc basis and are charged at $15 per meal.

Latest posts

Back