Melbourne Brewers Beerfest, 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else having trouble printing compmaster label out?

Edit: All good now. Bloody Computers!

Hi Brewers, competitors and interested parties.

Thanks to the very generous sponsorship of Core Brewing Concepts (http://www.corebrewingconcepts.com.au/) we will be raffling off a 28 Litre Stainless steel conical fermenter much like this one:

28conical_zpsa547bafd.jpg

Raffle tickets will only be available at the venue on the Saturday and the winner or a representative must be present when the winner is announced (or there will be a redraw)

$5 a ticket or $10 for 3

http://www.corebrewingconcepts.com.au/28-litre-Conical-Fermenter_p_255.html

Another great reason to get down for the day or weekend.

And if anyone's got the friday off, our traditionla golf day is on up there. We're teeing off at 2pm at the Mirboo North golf club, so bring your clubs up for the weekend and come share a hilarious day on the course before the serious business of judging begins!

Good luck to everyone who has entered - and don't forget about the conical raffle...

Andy

Just out of curiosity - any idea on how many entries were recieved (by category would be good)

It makes no difference at all but does anyone else wonder how many other beers they are up against?

BoroniaNewBrewer said:
Just out of curiosity - any idea on how many entries were recieved (by category would be good)

It makes no difference at all but does anyone else wonder how many other beers they are up against?
beerfest is tge biggest vic competition outside of vicbrew ie state comp. Heaps of entries. More than last year. Its a great comp.

@toper uyup huge flights esp friday night. That's why it would be nice to get help for judging stewarding etc. Big comp, great location, ggood beers. What more can u you want?

Oh yeah, that ss conical fermenter being raffled! I want that I also.

Apparently we have to wrest the conical from Richard cold, dead hands....

Andy

I busted my wrist and couldn't drive up there today. Does that count as news ferg?
I've heard nothing. But then again it's between 1.5 - 2 times the entries this year. Over 300. So very big long flights. Still tomorrow to go.

Having entered my second ever comp I am keen to hear the results too. Entered aSweet Stout, hoping I can do better than my last comp result.

Mate..hope it wasn't your drinking arm lol
Didn't know there was over 300 entries this year... Hope the boys stayed off the piss on the golf course...can make judging hard..ESP the next morning...Hopefully Westgate do okay , again this year...
Geoff Daly won't be throwing a bullseye ... Poor ******* is giving brewing away due to an injury that leaves him exhausted just to do a days work...
Don't think there are any westgaters there this year....just entries ....
I thought they did presentations on Sat night , btw....no judging Sunday
F

I hope the judges kept off it Friday also as there was like a 5hr flight of strong lagers or similar on Friday. No judging on Sunday is good. I must admit I didn't look at the judging schedule as I was going to steward or generally assist.

No club judges other than melb brewers I think.

Bad news re Geoff. Poor bugger. More beer for him.

Wrist will be ok. Hairline fracture.

I know it's early but, any results yet?

Who won the conical?

Must have been a bif night last night. Theres prob a tonne of daya entry still to do. Im sure it will be up tonight.

Hahahaha I think so.

Thought the 1,2,3 in each category would be up by now.

Oh well keep waiting.

Teasers...
Results will be up tonight
Karl won the conical raffle.
Best beer went to bayside. Congrats Bayside. (Im checking on the name).

Mikko Pudra (Bayside) won best beer with 133 points.

Best Brewer (Jonathan Finney 1*1st and 1*2nd from Bayside and Derek Hales from Melbourne 1*1st and 2*3rds) and club (Bayside and Melbourne) to be decided by count back.

Bryce (Bayside) 1st Wheat (Hefe). Jonathan 1st Dark Lager/Ale (Vienna), Mikko 1st Strong Lager/Ale (Dobblebock).

Is there a simple explanation as to how the scoring works? i.e. is it out of 150 or something like that? Or do I need to read a big PDF to get the idea?

Out of 50 per judge, 3 judges per category so final score is out of 150 (or averaged if only 2 judges). From memory - 10 possible points for aroma, 5 each for body/mouthfeel and appearance, 10 for overall impression and 20 for flavour.

Latest posts

Back