Maximum Amount You Can Boil In A 50ltr Keggle ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys im gunna try 45 litre, with a very low boil. Im calculating to end up with 35 litres after the boil. I'll be happy if im close!!!.

Heres 45 litres just about to come to the boil. Its a bit nerve racking juggling an element and 3 ring burner. Ended up with 37 litres into fermenters.

P1010034.JPG

Cheers
Steve

When I double batch now I brew at high gravity and dilute at the end of the boil. Just seems safer and I always hit my target gravities. The target volume is sometimes a Litre or two out though... normally on the happy side ;)

Interesting I have found exactly the same, 2-3 gravity points higher at target volume.
BB

Heres 45 litres just about to come to the boil. Its a bit nerve racking juggling an element and 3 ring burner. Ended up with 37 litres into fermenters.

View attachment 19203

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the pic steve, i'll know when im roughly there.

I'l be happy if i get 37 litres for sure. How hard is your boil?? im thinking of a very soft/slow boil.

Cheers

Thanks for the pic steve, i'll know when im roughly there.

I'l be happy if i get 37 litres for sure. How hard is your boil?? im thinking of a very soft/slow boil.

Cheers

mje, With the temp here in Canberra today the 3 ring was just producing a fizzer of a simmer. I chucked in the element and turned off 2 of the gas rings for a good vigorous boil. She was fine. Go for it.
Cheers
Steve

MJE1980 I would like to give a rapp for the Foamsol Jazzafish mentioned you can get it from Marks Hombrewshop it is a Black hop based extract

As foam protiens form foam in the boil they are broken down when the foam breaks up.

By limiting foaming in the kettle, and degradation of these protiens, the beer will have more foam capability in the end.

A anti-foam product giving more foam! I know it sounds strange but it works really well.

I have used it in three forty litre batches and there has been no adverse sffeect on the beer ,and no loss of the hops as ait breaks the surface tension and all the hops sink to bottom of kettle for better utilisation .

If you are doing 40 liter batches in a 50 litre kettle it is a must .

pumpy :)

Latest posts

Back