Maturation barrels for along beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseC

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows where to get 50L barrels from to are sours/stouts etc.

I spoke to roll out the cooperage in Brisbane and they price their 50L barrels at $440 each. Does anyone know of second hand ones or slightly cheaper barrels? Was looking at getting about 4.

Thanks heaps in advance.

mate the smaller the barrels the more expensive they are.

Yeah I know mate, it's bloody devastating, 50L would be perfect, but they're just a little exxy.

JesseC said:
I spoke to roll out the cooperage in Brisbane and they price their 50L barrels at $440 each
For that price I reckon you could get a proper ex-distillery whiskey barrel from the states including shipping.

wow, I quickly read that title and thought
"I know some people put weird stuff in their brews, but thats getting pretty ridiculous"

then realised it said 'maturation'....

That does look good! I'll have a look and see if I can find out how much shipping is. Thanks boys, appreciate your help.

I recently got some 330L from bargain barrels in Brisbane, he did have some 50L there he made, but they are not cheap, they have to make them and it looks like a lot of work in them. Just get a 330 and brew more :)

Back