Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I can supply one more complete kit, I can also supply 3 x (PCB + relay + connector) for $17 each including postage

SANY1628.JPG

and I can supply 2 pcb at $6 each including postage

cheers steve

Firstly a big thank you to bojn and matho! I still cant comprehend the work you two have put into this project!

Both my boards were waiting in the mail for me when i got back from holidays a couple of days ago. I dont have any work booked in unti mid september so i have been quitley sitting in my office soldering and planing!

a couple of of quick questions

The breakout pins in the yellow box in my image? I see in some peoples setups they have soldered them in but they are not on the ones in your link bonj? they do not hook up to anything on mathos boards.. Do i need to put them in?

Bonjuino

Matho i have the 1k resistor left over? I am the kind of machenic that always has parts left over but i cant find where to put this?

Also i added a little to much solder to one of my holes and it has filled the adjacent hole with solder. Check out the picture below and you will see what i mean! it is labeled "5" on the other side of the board. Do i need to clean this out or does it not really matter as they look like the are joined anyway?

Brauduino

i am still collecting parts for my build, i have 95% now just waiting on a few fittings to get here before i start to put it all together. Earlier in the thread i asked about running two elements off the Braumiser controller and jsut wanted to check if i am wiring it correctley. i have taken your diagram and added to it matho. Earlier you said i would need two SSR, Do i just run another set of wires from the heater connection on the brauduino to the second SSR as shown in the picture below?

Wiring diagram

Cheers

Dom

hey dom,

the 1K resistor was put in just to provide wire for the jumpers, mainly because when I designed the PCB I made it so the heater output would also be able to drive an optocoupler/triac arrangement, the resistor isn't needed if using an SSR. That solder in the hole is fine it won't affect it at all and the wiring diagram is spot on.

cheers steve

Firstly a big thank you to bojn and matho! I still cant comprehend the work you two have put into this project!

Both my boards were waiting in the mail for me when i got back from holidays a couple of days ago. I dont have any work booked in unti mid september so i have been quitley sitting in my office soldering and planing!

a couple of of quick questions

The breakout pins in the yellow box in my image? I see in some peoples setups they have soldered them in but they are not on the ones in your link bonj? they do not hook up to anything on mathos boards.. Do i need to put them in?
For matho's board, they're not needed. They are there for flexibility for other projects.

Will there be any more runs of these kits? I'm keen for one of each! :p Also, I can't actually read about what bonjuino is, I get an error when I to the URL.

Cheers,

Sam

Hey Sam,

I can make up one more brauduino kit so you can have it if you want, I'll PM you when its ready ( probably monday night).

so what I have left is 1 PCB and 3 x ( PCB + relay + connector)

cheers steve

Will there be any more runs of these kits? I'm keen for one of each! :p Also, I can't actually read about what bonjuino is, I get an error when I to the URL.
Hi Sammus,

Sorry about the link failure. I had a bit of a malfunction with one of my mailing lists a couple of days ago that used up all my data allowance for this month.

The bonjuino is a kit arduino clone. It is fully arduino compatible with a few modifications.
bonjuino_rv2_red.jpg

It houses the microcontroller that runs matho's code. I am keen to do another batch, but I need a minimum of 6 firm orders before I can order the parts. If you are in a hurry, any arduino with the standard shape will do the job, although you will have to upload the code yourself (I supply the bonjuino pre-programmed).

It is a similar story with matho's board. If matho has run out, I can do a small (10 boards) batch of the PCB only, but will need 10 orders paid for upfront (run like a bulk buy). I haven't looked into the pricing yet as matho may still have some left.

Hey Sam,

I can make up one more brauduino kit so you can have it if you want, I'll PM you when its ready ( probably monday night).

so what I have left is 1 PCB and 3 x ( PCB + relay + connector)

cheers steve

Sounds good, cheers!

Hi Sammus,

Sorry about the link failure. I had a bit of a malfunction with one of my mailing lists a couple of days ago that used up all my data allowance for this month.

The bonjuino is a kit arduino clone. It is fully arduino compatible with a few modifications.
View attachment 56572

It houses the microcontroller that runs matho's code. I am keen to do another batch, but I need a minimum of 6 firm orders before I can order the parts. If you are in a hurry, any arduino with the standard shape will do the job, although you will have to upload the code yourself (I supply the bonjuino pre-programmed).

It is a similar story with matho's board. If matho has run out, I can do a small (10 boards) batch of the PCB only, but will need 10 orders paid for upfront (run like a bulk buy). I haven't looked into the pricing yet as matho may still have some left.

Sounds good to, consider me a firm order. PM me details if you need $ upfront etc.

Matho, just got my brauduino in the mail this morning! So excited, got an rdo tomorrow looks like im soldering and off to source the rest of the gear. Thanks heaps mate :beerbang:

Just got my kit in the mail, Big Ups!!

Matho, just got my brauduino in the mail this morning! So excited, got an rdo tomorrow looks like im soldering and off to source the rest of the gear. Thanks heaps mate :beerbang:

thanks for letting me know, if you need advice on anything just let me know.

Well the PM's have just gone out for the last 4 kits so its almost over :), I do have 1 x PCB and 3 X PCB + relay + connector left for any late comers, thanks too all that have bought the kits I hope they serve you well.

cheers steve

just got my kit a big thanks Steve

when i get this thing going the first one will be dedicated to you

thanks for letting me know, if you need advice on anything just let me know.

Well the PM's have just gone out for the last 4 kits so its almost over :), I do have 1 x PCB and 3 X PCB + relay + connector left for any late comers, thanks too all that have bought the kits I hope they serve you well.

cheers steve

No thank you for all your hard work mate you have helped alot of guys on here out. :beerbang:

Cheers Matho got your package today.....your a ledge for doing the good work that your doing.
My contraption is nearly complete.

Bris.

Cheers Matho got your package today.....your a ledge for doing the good work that your doing.
My contraption is nearly complete.

Bris.
Be sure to show us the results!

I have one very slowly in the works, but while I have the electronics side covered, I'm a bit of a tool tard, so the actual brewery is going to take a while :(

Hi Matho,

I scored one of these power supplies from work & I think it's the same specs as the one in your parts list but I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything

power_supply_1.jpg

Hi Matho,

I scored one of these power supplies from work & I think it's the same specs as the one in your parts list but I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything

View attachment 56732

Looks good mate, just keep an eye on the dimensions of your parts and make sure they will fit inside the enclosure that you will use

cheers steve

Looks good mate, just keep an eye on the dimensions of your parts and make sure they will fit inside the enclosure that you will use

cheers steve

Hey Matho what are the dimensions of the power supply you have, or better yet where did you get yours from? I have seen a few around but they are,all too big for the box im using (the box you recomended).

Hey Matho what are the dimensions of the power supply you have, or better yet where did you get yours from? I have seen a few around but they are,all too big for the box im using (the box you recomended).

This One
Lakey

cheers steve

Back