Mash Tun Thermoneter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbelly

Reaction score
Guys need some advice,i am making up a new mashtun out of a rectangler 36liter plastic esky and would like to fix my mashmaster thermoneter to the side of it. Problem is the thread on the stem of thermoneter is a bit short to go thru the side, any suggestions

Do a search for mashmaster thermometer as this has been solved in earlier posts. If you cannot find anything pm me and I will take you through it when I get home from work

Cheers, JJ

Thanks JJ lots of information and pictures .Looks like a trip to the plumbers store.

Would a Thermowell help ?

you insert that in the mashtun and then screw in the Dial thermometer it protects the Dial thermometer from the stick wort penetrating the themometer .

Pumpy

Pumpy what is a Thermowell and where do you buy one.Is there any links i can go to check it out?

Pumpy what is a Thermowell and where do you buy one.Is there any links i can go to check it out?

beerBelly the Thermowell is a cover for the Dial thermometer probe which s about 150mm long otherwise you will get wort in the back of the dial thermometer and it willnot work properly

The Thermowell is the one on the top and the thermometer is a 1/2" BSP fitting which it screws into .

Try the Blackwoods catalogue

I dont know if it will help .

Pumpy :)

Thermowell.JPG

Thanks Wally for the link never knew these things existed.Pumpy the thread on the Thermowell seems to be the same length as the MashMaster Thermomerter. Can you get them with a longer thread and any idea how much they cost ?

Thanks Wally for the link never knew these things existed.Pumpy the thread on the Thermowell seems to be the same length as the MashMaster Thermomerter. Can you get them with a longer thread and any idea how much they cost ?

You got me now , I have never seen longer unless , I have seen Batz use a digital display with a wire sensor glued in with silicone

Pumpy :blink:

bb,a word of caution with thermowells,when you screw the thermometer into it only do so lightly,the tip of the thermometer will contact with the end of the t,well.if you over tighten it you will stuff the thermometer
i suggest that when you want to clean your tun you remove the thermo (leaving the well still mounted in the tun) so if you drop the tun your expensive thermo will be spared....cheers..spog..

Latest posts

Back