Mash Tun Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't buy them yet Sully,I think I have a few of them.

Batz
Ok, If you do I will take them off your hands... what are they worth to you?

Still waiting for this T&S mob to send me a pro-rata invoice.

Thanks Batz :beer:

Cheers

Sully

Ok, If you do I will take them off your hands... what are they worth to you?

Still waiting for this T&S mob to send me a pro-rata invoice.

Thanks Batz :beer:

Cheers

Sully

How many where you after? 1/2" compression each end

I just want to add that try and make all valves the same thruoghout your brewery as it makes it easier to switch between vessels

if you use 1/2 inch ball valves on your mash tun use them in all other vessels

my 2cents

If it's going through the wall of an esky, I don't know why you'd bother with a silicon washer on the outside.

Any liquid that makes it past the inside washer is going to end up in the wall cavity of the esky.
Sammy,
like Kong, my tun(s) are only a single thickness of plastic. if you look at the pics I posted above, you'll see I had to put washers on either side of the wooden chock to seal things right up.
Croz

No more pieces of cardboard to wedge the tap open while sparging Gerard?

No more pieces of cardboard to wedge the tap open while sparging Gerard?

Actually Brett, if I find the same tap I already have then the piece of folded cardboard box will get another run. A $6'ish investment that has done a great job over the years. I picked up 4 SS ball valves this arvo, but that was to sort out another "modification" to the brewery at work. I still have a nice range of spare valves in varying sizes so I will have a look at a few alternatives after I get back from Sydney, too bad there are no good HBS left in Sydney that sell cheap white plastic mash tun taps **. I would like to sort out the bigger stainless vessel just so I have some bling, although I am also supposed to be reshafting a set of old heads & playing more golf this summer!

** Yes I was taking the piss!

Cheers
Gerard

About 6 years ago I decided to look for an alternative to the plastic flip-top type tap on my mash-tun. This afternoon I spent an hour looking for the top part of the tap which has dissappeared. I guess now is the time to start looking at the alternatives, so what is everybody else using ? Pics would help.
Cheers
Gerard

Thanks to those who have replied I have solved the problem. I found a tap that was similar, but without the extended thread. I simply replaced the parts I needed & we will mash in later this evening, after golf. Looks like the use of a piece of folded cardboard to regulate the lauter will continue as the preferred no-fuss method around here Duff :p .
Cheers
Gerard

Back