Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastdrinks

Reaction score
I have read a few mash paddle threads and i like the idea of the SS 750mm long paddle from foodutensils. http://www.foodutensils.com.au/mixing-padd...e7b2a8075faa31c

Was wondering if anyone has modified the blade part by drilling holes in it and how that turned out? Also if people havent drilled holes in one of these paddles and their thoughts about how it works. Does the paddle with no holes work ok with giving to much resistance?

I would also like to ask a similar question, I wash sure someone here was using an SS paint mixer as a mash paddle. Any more info? Where can it be found?

I have read a few mash paddle threads and i like the idea of the SS 750mm long paddle from foodutensils. http://www.foodutensils.com.au/mixing-padd...e7b2a8075faa31c

Was wondering if anyone has modified the blade part by drilling holes in it and how that turned out? Also if people havent drilled holes in one of these paddles and their thoughts about how it works. Does the paddle with no holes work ok with giving to much resistance?
i made my mash paddle out of some 100mm ss skirt and some ss tube and some ss bolts...it has no holes in it and it works fine...a bit of resistence sure...but no dough balls yet !

I would also like to ask a similar question, I wash sure someone here was using an SS paint mixer as a mash paddle. Any more info? Where can it be found?

I remember someone using a paint stirrer as well. The spiral ones used with a drill.

trade paint or tile shop will have them...they are also used to mix gorut and adhesives...

would make an awsome paddle...but you will need a decent dtill to drive it

paint-stirrer.png

My paddle came from fiodutensils. No holes and It works a treat. No fuss no hassle.

just get yourslef a big long stainless spoon form a kitchen supply place. i dont know why you need anything else really.

What are the negatives of using a wooden mash paddle? I was thinking wood would be good as it wouldn't scratch my boiler. How do you clean them for example?

I was asking about paint stirrers as mash paddles for hand use, not to attach to a drill. Just to get a long paddle that works like a potato masher.

What are the negatives of using a wooden mash paddle? I was thinking wood would be good as it wouldn't scratch my boiler. How do you clean them for example?

I was asking about paint stirrers as mash paddles for hand use, not to attach to a drill. Just to get a long paddle that works like a potato masher.

I dont think the cleaning is really important, sure others will disagree. My mash paddle which is the family stainless hambugger flipper stays out the shed til the good wife comes looking for it, flies crawling over it etc, no probs. Hose it off brewday and away i go with some grain particles from the previous mash plus the fly shit. Its being boiled FFS, the grain itself would have more bugs than a fly can lay.

Latest posts

Back