Marinade For Ribs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got any tasty marinades for ribs? Ive got a rack of lamb ribs that I want for dinner. Have only come across this one:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...showtopic=17685

Seem to remember Ross do some nice ribs? Or Squire? Anyone?

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

I've done the Ross Rib method many times and changed it a little bit but it basically goes like this.

For the dry rub combine

1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tspn sweet paprika
1 tspn garlic powder
1 tspn onion powder
1 tspn salt
1 tspn pepper

coat the ribs well and allow to marinate overnight.

seal the ribs in foil on a baking tray and cook for 2hrs at 100C
remove and allow to cool
mix up a couple of teaspoons of honey with some BBQ sauce, coat the ribs in this and char them on a BBQ grill turning and basting frequently.

Absolutely delcious.

cheers

Browndog

Follow this guide for how to cook etc

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknograph..._ribs_ever.html

Envision a proto-human tribe padding warily through the fragrant ashes of a forest fire as they follow a particularly seductive scent. When they stumble upon the charred carcass of a wild boar they squat and poke their fingers into its side. They sniff their hands, then lick their greasy digits. The magical blend of warm protein, molten fat, and unctuous collagen in the roasted meat is a narcotic elixir and it addicts them on first bite. They become focused, obsessed with tugging out the rib bones and scraping them clean between their teeth, moaning and shaking their heads. The aromas make their nostrils smile and the flavors cause their mouths to weep. They sing praises to their gods.

Now imagine your tribe, your family and friends, moaning in ecstasy and praising your name in your own back yard. You can make it happen if you follow my step by step guide below. With this recipe you will make ribs better than any you have ever tasted in a restaurant and good enough to bring home a trophy in a cookoff (in fact, several readers have written to me that they have done exactly that with this recipe). I share this with you after years of studying at the feet of the masters, judging at barbecue competitions including the Jack Daniel's World Championship, and sucking on a lot of bones.

There may be a few more steps in this process than you like, but it's not hard and we're talking competition grade meat here. If you love ribs, follow this recipe, and you can cook it on either a charcoal or gas grill, and you will thank me as so many others have.

Latest posts

Back