• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

March Pump Split Postage?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattvdp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a few years now! Finally time to jump in...

I know this was discussed in another thread a couple of months back, but I missed the boat there. Now I'm going to buy a March 815 PL-C / 230V from Tesco Pumps and I'm wondering if anyone in Melbourne is after one too and would like to share in postage. It's $49 postage for one unit but only $61 for two making the total cost US$182.96 inc. postage (A$169 at today's rate). Not huge savings I know, but I saw from jpr's post this morning that there was a bit of interest and decided it was time to start giving back to the people who've taught me damn near everything I know about brewing!

Pickup would be from me in the CBD during business hours or Sunshine West after hours or on the weekend, cash on pickup.

I'll give it a couple of days and if nobody's interested I'll just order the one.

Cheers,
Matt
Badger Ale (Belgian IPA)
Ginga (Chilli Ginger Beer)
In the wings:
Ahtanum Ale (American Pale)
Fermenter:
Rabbit Ale

Edit: Voltage Clarification

I'll ask the question, though given it's the middle on the night in North Carolina I guess I won't be hearing anything back until tomorrow at the earliest.

If anyone else is interested please say so as we can alway team other pairs up by location.

If they can ship a MAR AC-5B-MD / 230V and keep the postage costs at $61 overall, I am interested.

Cheers

Roller

if you buy this pump, careful of its power, i half opened a balve valve to recirculate the mash and the suction crushed my false bottom

oh, and the whirlpool was fantastic, hawaii five o

Donburke,
WOW - Looks like the pump does live up to its reputation.
Thanks for that - The intent was to use it as a whirlpooling pump so it sounds like the right pump for me.

Mattdvp,
Lets hope it fits into the box and doesn't bust the weight or size limit to get shipped in the same box as an 809.

Thanks

Roland

Mattdvp,
Lets hope it fits into the box and doesn't bust the weight or size limit to get shipped in the same box as an 809.

Thanks

Roland

Alas it does bust the size limit, an 809/815 and an AC-5B-MD won't fit in the same box. Cheapest way to post would be in separate $49 boxes.

So if anyone else is interested in an 809 or 815 let me know today.

Cheers,
Matt

OT but on the subject of whirlpooling, I have found that a commercial cooks 24 inch whisk does a cracker job. They cost about $20 from a chefs supply shop.
Cheers

So if anyone else is interested in an 809 or 815 let me know today.

Hi Matt,

I'll split postage with you. The 815 PL-C / 230V sounds good. I work at the University of Melbourne so CBD pickup would be great.

Thanks for organising it, gotta love the aussie dollar at the moment!

Cheers,

James

Hi Matt,

I'll split postage with you. The 815 PL-C / 230V sounds good. I work at the University of Melbourne so CBD pickup would be great.

Thanks for organising it, gotta love the aussie dollar at the moment!

Cheers,

James

Nice one James, I'll put the order in tonight and PM you the details when I know more.
Yep, I'm on a US spending binge at the moment, just bought a new 5.1 speaker set too!

Latest posts

Back