Many Thanks From Hargreaves Hill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

It's very hard to find a forum to thank everybody for the support that we have been shown since the fires on February 7, but I think AHB is probably a good place to start. As some of you probably know, the Hargreaves Hill Brewery at Brockspur Farm was destroyed, and Beth and I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of many since that day.

We have started the rebuilding process, and I have started a blog at www.hargreaveshillbrewingco.blogspot.com - this will be updated regularly, and will describe the whole rebuilding process of the brewery.

I encourage you to visit all the affected areas, as we need your support to ensure that no jobs are lost during this process. I will be pouring beers at our Yarra Glen bar/restaurant on Sunday - we have a little bit of Porter and Hefeweizen from the Steels Creek Brewery left, and we are also pouring excellent beers from Red Hill Brewery, Bridge Road Brewers, and Coldstream (cider). Chimay Tripel (white) is also on draught.

Oh, and also the ESB, which Glenn and I have brewed at Red Hill Brewery for the last two weeks. Many thanks to Dave, Kaz and Tim.

See you soon

Simon

Welcome to AHB Simon.
Wish you all the best with the rebuilding.
I am glad to see that your family and team are OK.

Cheers :icon_cheers:
Ian

Simon,
all the best in troubling times, hope you are up and running in your own right soon. Thanks to the Vic brewing community for helping out and coming together. Hopefully we'll get some of your beers up here eventually - loved the APA Btw and am looking forward to the ESB.

I think it was you I heard on 3AW...

You, or whoever it was, are spot on, brewers and publicans are the best people in the world!

Anyway mate, my absolute best thoughts/wish's are with you!

Please keep brewing ;)

:beer:

Wishing you all the very best.

All the very best with rebuilding and future endeavours Simon

Screwy

Hi All

It's very hard to find a forum to thank everybody for the support that we have been shown since the fires on February 7, but I think AHB is probably a good place to start. As some of you probably know, the Hargreaves Hill Brewery at Brockspur Farm was destroyed, and Beth and I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of many since that day.

We have started the rebuilding process, and I have started a blog at www.hargreaveshillbrewingco.blogspot.com - this will be updated regularly, and will describe the whole rebuilding process of the brewery.

I encourage you to visit all the affected areas, as we need your support to ensure that no jobs are lost during this process. I will be pouring beers at our Yarra Glen bar/restaurant on Sunday - we have a little bit of Porter and Hefeweizen from the Steels Creek Brewery left, and we are also pouring excellent beers from Red Hill Brewery, Bridge Road Brewers, and Coldstream (cider). Chimay Tripel (white) is also on draught.

Oh, and also the ESB, which Glenn and I have brewed at Red Hill Brewery for the last two weeks. Many thanks to Dave, Kaz and Tim.

See you soon

Simon

Love the ESB, suppose you can't drop me a few hints on the malt and hop bill. I mean only while you are rebuilding ;) . Also is there somewhere in S.A I can buy it.

BYB

Love the ESB, suppose you can't drop me a few hints on the malt and hop bill. I mean only while you are rebuilding ;) . Also is there somewhere in S.A I can buy it.

BYB

+1 For if we can get our hands on your product here in SA?

It is a great aussie tradition that we band together in times like these, excellent to hear you shall be rebuilding - bigger and better than ever no doubt. All the best wishes for you and your family & friends.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Hoping you can get back up and running without too many hitches.

Good luck Simon.

Cheers
TDA

All the very best Simon.

You have a lot of converts to Hargreaves Hill brews here so it's great news that you are in the process of re-building. No doubt the passion of everyone at Hargreaves to create an even better brewery and the great brews that you're known for will see you through. Have a mate who lost a property just off Steels Creek Rd and sounds like it was a real whirlwind that came through quick.

Will spread the word about your event and will be continuing to support you guys buying the product where I can find it.

All the best,

Hopper.

cant say too much else that hasnt already been said. biggups aussies pulling together in tough times, its the only way forward. so good to hear red hill are letting you brew the esb at their brewery. will be watching the blog closely and the first chance i get i'll bring a crew up for a drink at the bar.

G'day Simon,

Good luck with the rebuilding. I hope you are up and going again without too many hitches. Love all your brews.

Cheers.

JS

Latest posts

Back