Man Vs Machine Who Will Win

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony mundine vs danny green who is gunner win and how

• Danny green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony mundine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I thought the fight was like every other mundine fight.

First few rounds, just pretty much run away around the ring while Green did all the work. Then as Green starts to get tired, Mundine starts to actually box a bit and starts to land a few good hits. Then when mundine knows he's up on points, he just ties Green up for the last round instead of fighting.

I was hoping for a big display of physical power and endurance and some big connecting hits.............but I reckon it the fight a little too safe. I know there is strategy to the sport, but it can also kill the entertainment.

There were a few times when Green seemed to have mundine in a corner or on the ropes with his guard down, but then he'd stop and back off :blink:

Geez mundine got some speed on him though!

Overall, not a very entertaining fight and a less than desirable outcome.

am said:
Overall, not a very entertaining fight and a less than desirable outcome.
[post="127214"][/post]​

At least the boxing was better than in some of the undercard draws. What about Hoppa's Pub fight. I think he had a pizza waiting in his changing room he wanted to get back to.

(I'll preface this post with: I know very little about the technicalities of boxing)
I went down to the local dive to watch the fight last night.

While on a personal level i would have preferred Green to win, i thought he got comprehensively out-boxed. He hardly landed anything decent on mundine, and had an almost unhealthy obsession with going for the body (possibly brought about by mundines speed making the head a hard target).

Man is mundine fast! And i thought boxed a smart fight. Comments along the lines of "it was boring and not as entertaining" because mundine did a bit of dancing around don't really wash with me. He boxed smarter (and better). He provided the entertainment with his showboating (if that's what you're really after).

It was hilarious at the pub i was at. The boxers walk out and to a person, the entire pub were cheering Green. End of the fight, 3/4 of the pub had swung around and were cheering mundine as a champion, and about half of the others were pulling the anti-racial villification card.
I nearly got in a fight on the way out when a guy asked me who won on points and i told him. His reply was "Pays to be black". I went on to explain to him that, "well no not really. Mundine outboxed him by a mile". He repeated his statement, and i congratulated him on his well thought out review of the fight. The fight seemed to attract ignorant bogans by the truckfull.

Comments along the lines of "it was boring and not as entertaining" because mundine did a bit of dancing around don't really wash with me. He boxed smarter (and better).

I agree with you that he was boxing smart................but it didn't do much for me. I personally prefer fast moving and aggressive fight, which this was definately not.

At least the boxing was better than in some of the undercard draws. What about Hoppa's Pub fight. I think he had a pizza waiting in his changing room he wanted to get back to.

HAHAHAHA! I don't even know if you'd call that a fight! It was just a mauling! It looks like Hoppa has found a different use for his hands :D

Back