• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Man Sized Stick Thermometers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillscottish

Uh, Detective Parson, madam.
Reaction score
Kmart have Jackeroo BBQ thermometers on clearance just now for $7.
Man sized handle with big display, stainless steel probe, nicely made unit about 30cm long. Got one and was tempted to buy more.

What is the temperature range and how easy would it be to pick 65 degrees from 68 degrees?
Is the probe 30cm or is that the overall length of the thermometer?

Thanks

Roller

Don't know the range but it's measuring ambient temp just now and is made for sticking up chickens bums etc.
Measures to 0.1 degree, display is about 12mm x 30mm, handle(man-sized) 15cm, probe length 15cm.

I haven't checked accuracy yet but I imagine it's the same guts as all the other cheap sticky thermometers out there.

Hey, it's big and it's $7 :D

What dept are they in, kitchen or outdoors? I'm heading in there later for a BBQ gas bottle.

Like THIS but with a probe instead of a fork.

Stillscottish,
Sorry, I thought it was a BBQ thermometer which most often are bi-metal round faced, rather than a meat thermometer which is what this appears to be.
The meat thermometers are usually quite good and I use one to re-check temperatures during my mashing so I might have a quick look if our KMart has them too.

Thanks

Roller

Back