Man loses arm in beer keg explosion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lmccrone said:
This all gets me thinking about the safety of my methods, I some times force carb a sanke keg at 400 kpi when I'm in a hurry to get fizzy beer. Maybe i should turn the reg down a bit and enjoy a couple of alcohol free days...
Holy moly that is high! Do you not have a prv on the reg or the keg? Mine on the Rev would kick in somewhere in the 300s. I force Carb at 280.

lmccrone said:
This all gets me thinking about the safety of my methods, I some times force carb a sanke keg at 400 kpi when I'm in a hurry to get fizzy beer. Maybe i should turn the reg down a bit and enjoy a couple of alcohol free days...
a lion Nathan keg is only rated to 450 kpa the regs in the pub I work in only go to 300 kpa for this reason I assume. Any one know the what a corny is rated to? Also we received this today ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416448303.691096.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416448320.307149.jpg

CORNIE KEGS,
Just checked 3 0f mine,All have stamped on the lid,
"maximum working pressure 130 P.S.I."
Thats 910 kpa.----SHIT ????

lmccrone said:
400 PSI or KPa?

Makes a big difference.

Latest posts

Back