Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Making Passata/Tomato sauce

Discussion in 'Brew Food' started by komodo, 7/2/13.

1. Dave70

Le roi est mort..

Posted 28/2/17
    I've made a fairly good V8 knockoff juicing them, skin on. I could drink that stuff by the Stein.
    Oddly, if I bit into a raw tomato I almost yack.

2. pcwiz01

Posted 8/2/20
    Hi everyone. This is my first attempt at passata. I usually make eating/table sauce (with ezy sauce) but going to try passata in 2020. No issues with tomatos and i have 300 approx. 700ML Longneck bottles ready to go! But our family is not on speaking terms / devided and uncle that has the family recipe... i have asked a few times but he wont share the info or invite me to family sauce day!! Has anyone got a recipe?? I can remember from when was 15 (last time i got to help) that i got to add the salt abd turn the handle on the machine thankyou from Nathan

3. ilovetomatoes

Posted 23/2/20 at 9:30 AM
    Is anyone on here using a reber 1hp juicer? Mine killed me clogging up when running the tomato skins through. I had to dismantle the cone filter after every box. Is there a solution for this?

4. ilovetomatoes

Posted 24/2/20 at 9:28 AM
    Did you end up with a solution to your reber clogging up?

5. wide eyed and legless

Pro Pro

Posted 25/2/20 at 5:32 AM
    I have grown lots of tomatoes this year, my wife wings it on passata recipes, the usual suspects basil, garlic onion but I have seen one recipe where it is all tomato, other ingredients are added as the sauce is used. I made a tomato sauce a couple of years ago using ezy sauce, couldn't pick it in a side by side with HP sauce. I was more than happy with that.:)
    May be for another thread What chutneys have you made?

Draft saved Draft deleted