Making A Low Alcohol Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve the pom

Reaction score
Hi have'nt posted for a while as have not had any probs with brews :D but now a mate of mine has asked if I can brew him a batch of beer but he only likes the weak as p*** low alcohol stuff like Fosters light Ice and Hahn Premium Light :blink: what i would like to know how do I go about replicating either one of these or something similar ?

:beer:

O don't know about making a clone of one of those two beers, why don't you just make up a kit without the kilo of sugar/dextrose ? :)

steve the pom said:
Hi have'nt posted for a while as have not had any probs with brews :D but now a mate of mine has asked if I can brew him a batch of beer but he only likes the weak as p*** low alcohol stuff like Fosters light Ice and Hahn Premium Light :blink: what i would like to know how do I go about replicating either one of these or something similar ?

:beer:
[post="123660"][/post]​

You can only do it by making it weak, just use a lager kit and add 500 grams light malt, 300grams plus 1.7kg kit should make it 3% as a guide.

Could add a little hallertauer hops (hahn says o the side which hops it is , i cant remember) as taste addition?

The breweries often make fullstrength beer then remove the alcohol from half of it and recombine, so getting the same result is a bit tricky. My best light was a black rock IPA - plenty of body and charachter for light.

1 can of coopers lager or pale, made up to 18 litres only with a coopers reculture will yield you a simple cheap,and tasty(thinnish) beer of 3.5%.

Did one back in the early days 6 years ago.

Too easy

Latest posts

Back