Making a hop chart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damoninja

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have a massive list of hops that includes the percentage of things like alpha, myrcene, humulene, co-humulene etc?

I know there are charts out there, but I want raw data in a table form so I can do my own thing.

Cheers!
Damo

So by raw data I mean a table in text format so I can copy/paste, apply logic, sort, etc.
Can't do that with an image or a book, I'll have to retype it all.

Ideally something in excel would be the best, but a table on a web page will be fine. Even many of them will be OK.

Doesn't need to be entirely uniform I can rework the data in no time.

damoninja said:
Hi all,

Does anyone have a massive list of hops that includes the percentage of things like alpha, mycrene, humulene, co-humulene etc?

I know there are charts out there, but I want raw data in a table form so I can do my own thing.

Cheers!
Damo
Correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt it be easier to go off a brewing program with average figures because wouldnt those oil/alpha acid levels vary season to season?

Midnight Brew said:
Correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt it be easier to go off a brewing program with average figures because wouldnt those oil/alpha acid levels vary season to season?
I'm using averages but don't just want the alpha/beta but the breakdown specifics.

This data would be fantastic if it was in text form.
http://hopschart.com/zoom.html

from most the charts i have seen alot are out of date.even some of the brewing programs need to update there info..better off doing one from scratch.get a good source of hops info..

if anyone comes past this thread looking for something that looks good on the wall the hopschart.com one is great.

So I've got a list of 85 so far, I don't mind adding / adjusting a few manually here and there.
Unless the data's already in a nice tabular form for me

OK - so I've got a big fat set of data now.

The whole point of the charts I'm planning is to identify which hops have a higher content of each essential oil. Not the percentage, but by volume.
So far I haven't found any charts that oil by volume, only by percentage, which isn't necessarily an accurate representation of the actual amount of the oil.

For example a hop A with 69% myrcene should have more myrcene than hop B with 50%... Right? Nah.
Hop B with a lower percentage of the oil, has a greater content by volume.

Hop A = 0.6mL / 100g x 0.69 = 0.414mL / 100g
Hop B = 2.0mL / 100g x 0.50 = 1.000mL / 100g

Here's the initial breakdown - some of the data may not be accurate as this was done off a different set (don't have the file here).

hop oils by volume.png

Latest posts

Back