Maiden BIAB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzduk

Reaction score
Womerah above Devon North above Yarram above Bass
OK yeah yeah i know, how many first AG stories can one forum hold..Still here goes[ First off my scrounged stokes urn wrapped in camping mat and secondhand timber stand with castors.. Nearly as important as a demon eyed black dog brewing assistant. Marris Otter pale malt in a THOM (two hops one malt) Amarillo and galaxy, worked out on brewsmith.Suprisingly hit all OG targets and final volumes and effiency of 79.2%[ Made use of the old block and hook that we used to hang freshly slaughtered sheep up with and a few snap hooks in the large bag and roped fixed in the vice at desired height.[Dids: Used hop sock. Used over the side element in assistance of the boil. Gave good massage and twist with the big gloves, Pitched SanDiego yeast at 19 deg. Cold crashed (in progress atm)at around 2 deg.. Didn'ts: Chill after boil even though i have a plate chiller and chugger, i wanted to keep basic and do later on to notice any difference. Use a Whirfloc for reasons above.. [ Will bottle in a few days.. Not sure why i procrastinated for so long but not so foolish to think that a mother of all stuff ups could be just around the cornerattachment=70068:IMAG1001.jpg]attachment=70067:IMAG1011.jpg]attachment=70069:IMAG1012.jpg]attachment=70070:IMAG1049.jpg]. ;)

IMAG1011.jpg

IMAG1001.jpg

IMAG1012.jpg

IMAG1049.jpg

Congrats, great work hitting targets on your first AG, should be a winner! I'm not always hitting targets, but I love how easy it is to make awesome beers after a few proper BIAB's.

Yeah good work mate, that's about 19% more sugar than my first attempt :) nice space for brewing you could have a micro brewery there by the looks. Not sure of the evil dog though, that is some truly creepy shit!

Yeah good work mate, that's about 19% more sugar than my first attempt :) nice space for brewing you could have a micro brewery there by the looks. Not sure of the evil dog though, that is some truly creepy shit!

Yeah i don't know how the mutt's eyes came out like that but couldn't get the camera to do it again pat86. only went for a batch size of 17 litres so might be why i went ok with tagets this time..formulated a few more recipes around this volume to hopefully keep it simpler for a bit, and yeah got a bit of room, thats in my workshop until i get another bay of the shed kitted out.

Congrats this'll be your best brew yet!
Onward down the slippery slope of brewing :beerbang:

I was very happy with my first few BIAB's, and not because they all went great, but because I worked out the parts I didn't enjoy, and tried hard to fix those for my next brew. By about batch 5, all the time/effort/money spent felt like a distant memory, but I now have a fun and easy process to make great beer so it was easily worth it.

Back