Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarmael

Reaction score
Hi team,

I joined a few days ago. While I don't post a great deal, I can assure you I do spend time reading. (I hate being that guy that joins a forum, asks one question then never returns)
Kinda new to brewing, but I have been doing a LOT of research and watching a LOT of youtube videos.

So in March I went to Sydney for a concert. During this brief holiday me and my friends did a lot of pub hopping. We came across Hoppy Hefe on tap. Fell in love with it and we were also told it was in limited release. One day it will be no more.
I don't have the setup currently to go A.G, but when I have to spare $400 (or tools to build my own esky-mash tun) I'll get there. Here's to tax time, hey? :party:

Recently, my brewing partner and I made our own wheat beer (which was really nice, but I over pitched it. :( )

So here are my thoughts:

1kg Light Malt LME
2kg Wheat Malt LME
1kg 'Ultra Brew' DME
I have Motueka hops, but I don't have Citra. I do have Simcoe. I did some research on the hop profiles, I think they should be similar enough to at least get me the bitter profile I want.
WB-06
Sit in my garage at 19 degrees.

What do you recommend be my hop addition times and hop amounts? Also, should I dry hop this?

Thanks,
Basil

Oh thanks!

I did see the thread before in my search (I like to search before posting in case it has been covered before), however I didn't go to the back of the thread so I didn't see the recipe.

Well I'll definitely be trying the same hop addition times as in that thread.

25g 30 minutes
20g 1 minute

45g after 5 days.

From the sounds of it, I may want to grab a different yeast while I'm at the store.

Thanks for pointing that out!!

Cheers,
Basil

Latest posts

Back