Macs Sassy Red

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHB

All Grain All The Time
Reaction score
I have tried the search bar and google to no luck, i know i will probably cop some flack here but i want to make a copy of this so to speak using chinese saaz and call it a chinese red ale. Has anyone made a sassy red close to the real thing??

Cheers
KHB

I have tried the search bar and google to no luck, i know i will probably cop some flack here but i want to make a copy of this so to speak using chinese saaz and call it a chinese red ale. Has anyone made a sassy red close to the real thing??

Cheers
KHB

Not made but I had one of these last Friday, not bad at all. Made in NZ from memory so maybe some Kiwi based AHBers may help or search home brew clubs forums ect in NZ.
I hadnt seen it before so it may take a while before someone here has a go. It could be you. Good luck. Let us know result
Daz

KHB

I have no idea of recipes but this is one of the best beers I enjoy when tripping around NZ, very nice drop. Good luck with the recipe hunt I will be keeping an eye out in interest.

For a commercial beer, MACS have some tasty drops.

CaptainBrewer

Have a look in the recipe data base, warren had a beer in there called slutty red (i think). Wasn't a spot on clone but a good beer the same which I brewed twice. After tasting the real deal again recently, after a couple of years between drinks, I'd rate warrens above macs.

Have a look in the recipe data base, warren had a beer in there called slutty red (i think). Wasn't a spot on clone but a good beer the same which I brewed twice. After tasting the real deal again recently, after a couple of years between drinks, I'd rate warrens above macs.

Trying to find it on there with no luck anyone seen it??

Cheers

While we are on the subject of Macs, has anyone got a recipe for the Macs Hop-rocker Pilsner?

edit: speelin

Champion!

Gday KHB,

wondering if you went ahead and brewed this, i grabbed a 6 pack of this the other night and loved it, anything close would be a bonus B)

cheers

Dave

Back