Lord Nelson Three Sheets Pale Ale Ag Recipe Request

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaos

Reaction score
Hi All,
A few months back I had my first taste of amazing beer from the Lord Nelson Brew Pub at The Rocks in Sydney. It was a three sheets pale ale, and it was so fresh! I made a Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale recently, and while fermenting it smelt like the Three Sheets but it doesn't really taste quite like the three sheets. I think it's definitely got Nelson Sauvin in it, but it's missing something extra. I have a feeling it could be Galaxy hops, but thats only a a guess, have never used them before.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what hops were used and if you have a clone recipe that would be great too.

Cheers

Clint

Hi Clint, I know that Damon at the Lord Nelson changes (tweaks) the recipe from time to time. I also heard him mention Amarillo being one of the hops at one stage.

MD

I'll be keeping my eye on this one. My old man has a place down the road and heading down to the Nelson is a great way to spend an afternoon...

Definitely keen to hear a recipe aswell - very solid brew that.

I brewed with Damon at the Lord Nelson yesterday.
We brewed 3 Sheets, which is an Aussie / American pale ale.

The two hop additions weighed out. Galaxy for bittering and heaps of US cascade with a little galaxy for the late addition:

With the wort chilled and in the fermenter and 500g of US05 pitched, we relaxed at the bar and had a taste of my APA

Haldini outed this one earlier thanks to his prize from the ESB Challenge cup for his APA. Click on the little red arrow next to the quote above for a report of his brew day with heaps of pics. Thanks Haldini!

Back