Looking for Corny keg party pump. Ideas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuckdownunder

Reaction score
Howdy!
So I'm hooking a buddy up with a keg for his birthday party next weekend and I was looking at a cheap way of dispensing beer on the night. I definitely don't want to bring my tank to this thing for fear of having someone knock it over/generally break it as these guys tend to party rather hard haha! Anybody have an idea about where to get a hand pump for a corny keg? I've seen the 12 gram CO2 canister chargers but I like the idea of having a cheap hand pump just to get the beer out when needed. I'm not too fussed about oxygenation problems as the keg will be emptied long before that becomes an issue :chug: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Ideas? Either for sale or DIY?

Thanks!
Canuck

I *think* the CO2 canister things screw onto the post quick release thing via a normal car valve. So the part that goes on the post from one of those and any old bike pump *should* do the trick. I haven't tried it so a bit more research might be a good idea.

Hook it up to a foot pump with a pressure valve on it. Hands free and should be good pressure control also.

I've never thought about this but if you're not gong to do this ,

Screen Shot 2013-08-03 at 1.52.42 PM.png

a bike pump would work but so would a (clean!!!) pressure spray bottle. Like a herbicide / pesticide thing for nine bucks at Bunnings? Just cut the end off and plug it onto the gas in connector and pump it up??

Just guessing.

Just be aware that if are not using CO2 you risk oxidising your beer. It will be fine if you use the keg in the one night, but not so good if you have left overs.

Black n Tan said:
Just be aware that if are not using CO2 you risk oxidising your beer. It will be fine if you use the keg in the one night, but not so good if you have left overs.
Oh ya I'm aware but I wouldn't worry it's a uni party and we tend to be able to put this stuff away in an evening so the whole issue of stale-ness won't be a problem :beerbang:

431neb said:
Go hard or go stale eh!
Exactly! For those of you following my posts it's the bett-a-brew festival mead ale tbh I wasn't too impressed with it not really my style but it's strong fizzy and beer coloured that's all these guys tend to worry about hahahaha :lol:

If I were you, I'd keep the gas dealie in my pocket between bursts of gas
All you need is one mate to screw about with it and they've emptied the full sparkler into the keg

Back