Parties & kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was originally planned as a single keg system. But discovered that if I put in a false bottom, and squeezed the bin 8 cm out of square, I could get 2 kegs in, as long as one is my older style kegs. Cant fit two of the newer ones.

wheely_keg_3.jpg

Good to see the restrictors in action GL. Now I know what to do with my old BD taps, that have been freed up as a result of the GMK Ventmatic buy.
Nice job GL - and the floorboard top is a nice touch.

Great idea :party: - my only problem would be getting it to the party... :blink:

Ross said:
Great idea :party: - my only problem would be getting it to the party... :blink:
[post="79547"][/post]​

Why, havent you got a mountain bike? The first attempt at a trailer hitch wasnt up to the loading of two full kegs, but the modified version should survive the cycle from my place to most of the other brewers in Perth.

Nice set-up GL :beerbang: . How much ice do you need to keep two kegs cold?

C&B
TDA

I think 1 bag would do a party, there isnt a lot of space around the kegs. 2 bags of ice lasted a day in full sun. But things were warming up by the following day. There is a false bottom made of polystyrene and expanding foam to lift the kegs out of the narrow base. I cant have done a very good job on sealing the base up as the melt water disappeared from around the kegs. If I fix the seal to keep the water on the base of the kegs, 2 bags of ice should last a couple of days on a camping trip.

So heres my latest project inspired by Guest Lurker I came up with this.
Its a pvc strom water pipe with 2 20L buckets inside and the space between filled with foam and mounted on a granny trolly.Powered by a soda stream with thanks to Hoops for the adaptor and GMK for the regulator.I didnt want to decant to a smaller keg as I do think its possible to have too much beer for a party so it holds 18L and is able to fit in the boot of the car :beerbang:

rocket_pak_009.jpg

Top work deadly - The ingenuity of people on this forum is mind blowing... :)

That is very cool!
I think I'm going to try build something similar..

Looks great deadly. Do you need to put ice in it or does it keep itself cool?
What is the lid made out of?
cheers
Darren

That is damn nice and is nearly exactly the same of what I have been thinking of doing. Where did you score the piece of storm water pipe?

Once again very nice :super: :beerbang:

Is there any room between the inner and outer walls (where the foam is) to slot the cylinder and reg in, this way it will keep its nice outer finish and stop drunk mates from playing with the reg.

I really like the black :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back