Looking For Brewers In The Shoalhaven

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Any brewers here from the Shoalhaven area?

There are a few of us in the aera. I am at Sanctuary Point and do AG brewing and have done for about 3 years now.

Where are you located at and what sort of brewing background do you have?

Im allways happy for a chat about beer and am happy to learn of others if you know what you on about :)

LOKPIKN

ha ha yeah at this stage I don't know what I'm on about. I'm in Nowra, new brewer, hoping to get into it pretty seriously and learn as much as I can. Nice to see the Shoalhaven is represented here!

Roosie....
I am a North Nowra Brewer...Also get my stuff from Mitre 10...

Cheers
PJ

ha ha yeah at this stage I don't know what I'm on about. I'm in Nowra, new brewer, hoping to get into it pretty seriously and learn as much as I can. Nice to see the Shoalhaven is represented here!

Im no brewing scientist but do know a fair bit of both of kit and AG. I never did do much kit brewing sort of missed that step but i am sure i could be a help for you to learn and progress to some very good kit beers and show you the next step in steeping grains for your kits and also for you to watch a full All Grain (AG) day in progress.

Its a long step but the best thing you can do to start making good beer is what you are doing now. Looking at AHB web site and asking questions. There is so much information out there some is good some not so good. You are sure to learn as you go and dont be put off by bad experiance with a dicky brew or 2.

Good yeasts and a proper temp to ferment at is 2 things you can do to increase the quality of you home brew very quickly and cheeply, also to remove cane sugar as well with a relacment of dextrose or a brewing mix of dextrose/malt.

Im starting to carry on a bit now but if you want to PM me for a local knowadge base you are welcome. :)

LOKPIKN

Thanks very much mate, will take your advice on board. I might also take you up on the offer to PM for advice.

I just got your post re the long necks as well. That might be very very handy indeed. I may have some bottles coming from my mate, but if that falls through I might take you up on that.

Thanks again, and its good to have a local contact!

Cheers,

Tom

Another Shoalhaven brewer here... Not brewing much ATM, only when kegs run dry! (most of my time lately seems to be chasing tuna...)

Latest posts

Back