Looking for a mentor in Newcastle area.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilchard

Reaction score
I wanted to see the whole process of AG in person, used youtube but it's a pita. Can't ask questions either etc.

So I was looking for someone in newy to run me through before I fork out for gear etc. look at their set up and make some spending decisions. Actually see the process in action. I think I have the biab and mash tun diferance so sorted in my head and I'm not stuck on either as a perfect/only brew option. Do we have brew days here? Somewhere to look and learn?

Cheers

Right, I'm making a robust porter tomorrow morning (Sunday 2014-05-11), but I need to start early 'cause of mothers' day.
I'd probably want to get the mash on about 8ish, and we're 45 minutes from Newcastle CBD (on a reasonable run).

Edit: BTW: I'm no expert, it will be only my ~30th AG batch.

Warra, the meeting was last night, according to Twitter. I didn't make it along as the beer brats are crook, so can't confirm.

I'm usually off Sundays. Except tomorow as its Mother's Day and we are pretty buisy. Off most Thursdays as well if that helps anyone.

I can't make a Friday meeting which is annoying, bloody work getting in the way of my leisure time.

Cheers

Ruckus said:
Warra, the meeting was last night, according to Twitter. I didn't make it along as the beer brats are crook, so can't confirm.
Oh well, thanks anyway. The HUB website Calender shows it as this coming Friday 16 May, so I don't know what's going on. Will have follow HUB on Twitter, which I see now shows the meeting as last night.

Couldn't make it this time anyway, as I only got home on Thursday from some surgery on my ear.

Now you'll be able to hear our lovely F-18s flying overhead clearer!

Yeah, FIL works at the RAAF. He reckons they're gonna be loud.

I love seeing those FA-18s go overhead. Noise doesn't last long, they're so fast it's all over before you can blink.
From what I hear, the new ones are supposed to be quieter. Time will tell.

Apologies for the OT.

Seems Twitter and Facebook are the way to follow HUB, rather than the club website.

Are there any other volunteers in the Newcastle area willing to guide the OP ?

Yeah, I'm happy to. Will be brewing in the next week or so. If OP wants to come along, he's welcome to.

Warra, after living here for a bit, you don't even hear them.

Latest posts

Back