Looking for a craft beer bar/ eatery in Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Howdy Gents,

I remember once reading about a bar / eatery type place that sells a huge range of craft beer but I cannot remember what it's called. I think it was in St Kilda but it's not the Local tap house.

I was wanting to go there for lunch today with the missus.

I've looked on Yelp but can't seem to find it. The title might of had real ale or something like that in it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Failing that anyone been to the Belgian beer cafe at Southbank? If so is the food any good?

Thanks gents.

Was it the village project (old belgian beer cafe on st kilda rd next to wesley)?
Not really a huge range but a good range and in good nick.
Food is average at both places. Not below average -just ok, nothing to either write home about nor write letters to the editor.

Yeah that might have been it. I remember it had a beer garden which I see the village project has too.

Any suggestions for somewhere nice to eat that also serves decent craft beer?

In st kilda or elsewhere? You can get a tram from st kilda or cbd that will take you to great northern hotel in north carlton. Good pub food, good tap and bottled range, usually a functioning hand pump.

I was really disappointed with my last visit to the Belgian Beer Cafe on Southbank.

Certainly won't be in a rush to go back.

Local Taphouse and The Terminus are Melbourne's best, in my humblest of opinion.

Ended up going to the BBC. Had the BBC platter and enjoyed it. We had a good day and enjoyed the fantastic autumn day in Melbourne.

Called into the village first nd no one was there.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back