Long Day In The Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_tyreman

Reaction score
just stumble dout of the shed after over 12hrs of non stop brewing, got 3 fermenters filled, 3 different styles...and im stuffed!

i have done 2 brews before and that was a long day, but 3 brews was mindnumbing :) actually i loved it...im just so tired now.

The g/f and i just bought a new house, and we are having a house warming in a month, so it was kind of my last w/e to get some brews down to be ready for the day.

we have been living at hers mums house and she doesn't want me to brew there, so i drive over a few suburbs to my brothers unit to brew....its so annoying...gotta lug all my shit over there and hope like hell i dont forget anything......and since its not my house...theres no TV or computer to keep myself occupied while waiting for the mash or anything....

And having to strap the fermenters into the back seat and hope like f*ck no one crashes into me on the trip home...

Bu thats the last brew i will have to do "off site", next brew will be at my new home....im so excited :)

Anyway, that my story :)

and since its not my house...theres no TV or computer to keep myself occupied while waiting for the mash or anything....

No wonder you're annoyed. It must take ages to drive to the 1880s!

Hey are what styles did you brew there lad

First Brew) Lager

4.5kg JWM Pils malt
0.5kg JWM Dark Munich
0.25kg JWM Crystal 140

15g Nelson Sauvin 60mins
15g Nelson Sauvin 15mins
15g Nelson Sauvin 0mins

Safale lager yeast (yellow packet)

-------------------------------------------------------

Second Brew) Pils

4.5kg JWM Pils
0.25kg JWM Caramalt
0.25kg Dark Munich

20g Hallertauer 60mins
20g Hallertauer 15mins
20g Hallertauer 0mins

Safale lager yeast (yellow packet)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Third brew) Helles

4.5kg JWM Pils
0.25kg Wey Munich 1
0.10kg Wey Melanoidin

20g Hallertauer 60mins

Harden up there bloke. You're playing with the big boys now!

Welcome to the land (suburb) of milk and honey!

I wish I had the capacity to do that many brews, I suppose I'll have to live with my one brew wonder setup, good luck with the new house.

Aaron

And having to strap the fermenters into the back seat and hope like f*ck no one crashes into me on the trip home...

:lol: now that would be a disaster story!

imagine hitting a bump and the tap poppig out :lol:

FInger in the dyke boy :p

cheers and great work!

Far out thats good. I'm planning a double brew and starting to get worried about all the work. It will be me first time, so im hoping it all works well.

Good on ya any way. And you sound very dedicated with all your travel.

3 in 1 Day. Champion effort. I will be returning from Perth in a weeks time full of grain and hops and hope to put down 2 in 1 day but 3 might be pushing it.

Drew

Latest posts

Back