Long "brew" Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc,

Fair dinkum, you deserve some kind of medal... or at least should write a 'how to' book. 2 AG brews by quarter to 4 AND looking after a 13 month old solo?? Outstanding. I've had to keep my extract 'n grain brews an 'after dinner' affair because of my almost 2 year old. No way known she'd be able to resist 'helping'. 15 litres of boiling wort all over a scalded daughter and a trip to casualty has always deterred me for some reason...

'I was only helping Daddy!'

Top Darts!

Shawn.

When he gets to two it maybe a different story.
Although my wife seems convinced that as long as he has other things keeping him occupied he will be fine.

As for last weekend, it was easy in the sense that he loves his swing (one of those young kids ones you suspend from the rafters). It is located next to where I brew, so he could see what I was doing, and I could give him a push when he slowed down.

While waiting for the boil or sparge to finish we would go inside (just around the corner) and play with toys there.
Also a properly timed morning and afternoon sleep works wonders :D

Beers,
Doc

Fair enough. My daughter is particularly 'mobile' at the moment and into everything, a stage you'll no doubt learn to love :D . Down to one sleep a day as well.

Still, don't sell yourself short. A top effort.

Shawn.

With one 18 month old boy who simply has to be involved in everything going on in the house and the bride popping out number 2 on 28 Oct, things get a bit hectic in my brew shack too!

The fun part is trying not to accidentally sparge a dirty nappy! :blink:

Cheers,

TL

My two girls (3 & 5) both give me space while I'm brewing, but they do always ask me "Daddy, why do you make so much beer?" Of course, I reply "because I can!"

I brewed a mild from the camra book - "brew your own real ale at home". It had a big load of crystal - never used so much in a recipe before - almost a kilo. It's chugging away in the brew fridge and I'm thinking of what to brew this weekend.

cheers
reg

Latest posts

Back