Long Bottle Brush Required.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrg0

Reaction score
I am trying to clean out the bottom of a 50l keg. It has a fair bit of crud still on the bottom even after 2 applications of keg cleaner. If I could get my hands on an extra long bottle brush with nylon filaments that would collapse when pushing it past the neck and the open out again would be ideal.
Any suggestions???

I am trying to clean out the bottom of a 50l keg. It has a fair bit of crud still on the bottom even after 2 applications of keg cleaner. If I could get my hands on an extra long bottle brush with nylon filaments that would collapse when pushing it past the neck and the open out again would be ideal.
Any suggestions???

try some napisan and leave it outside for a few days works a treat

Franko

Bottle brush used for cleaning demijohns ? They're quite long. Another option might be to get a standard bottle brush and cut the handle off it. Attach something long and thin to the top (racking can, bottling cane) & duct tape them together. The might give you the reach you are looking for.

Either that or try a search for cleaning kegs. I recall seeing various people using various chemical compounds to clean their kegs. As I don't have any I tend to not pay too much attention to those threads.

Uncooked rice, cleaning solution (napisan or whatever), seal and shake like crazy.

Go down to the local harware store and get a high-pressure garden-hose fitting. Tell the salesperson what you plan to do with it and they should cotton onto the idea - hopefully that'll prevent you getting the wrong thing. It should be a little brass fitting or similar. Great little devices for rinsing stuff, especially if its like what you're describing.

Cheers - boingk

Drop in to a car wash and use their pressure cleaner , give you car a wash at the same time .. Or buy a karcher / gernie ?

Nappie san should do it as Franko suggested...

Cheers

It's pointy, hard, but not hard enough to damage the stainless. Good for cleaning bottles too.

Hot water and caustic soda.. that's what they use in the brewery.

Just make sure you get safety glasses and use gloves.

Latest posts

Back