Little Creatures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OT I know but I'm pretty sure JSGA is brewed in a number of location, that would account for the diff - Dig??

I think it's all brewed at SAB now. It tastes as it does because they choose to make it taste as it does. It's not a complicated beer and any brewery is capable of making it taste as it used to. I have never understood the rationale behind choosing to dumb down a beer. Invent a dumb beer straight off the bat and leave the good one alone.

Drink bright ale as it's the same sort of style but still really tasty. Or brew your own JSGA (former) clone.

Drink bright ale as it's the same sort of style but still really tasty. Or brew your own JSGA (former) clone.

Bottled mine last Tuesday night..... two weeks to go, two weeks to go....

New brewery opening in Healesville (an hour east of Melbourne) and the new LC Dining Hall is open in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy (no brewery, just a booz'n and eat'n joint).

Woohoo! You guys are right! Little Creatures Brewery is coming to Victoria in Healesville! Yeaaaaaaah! :super:

Article here confirms it!:
http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/story/52897

Good to see some beer making its way into Yarra Valley wine country. Bring it on I say!

Hopper.

I work in a venue, with the two best beers on offer at the bar being LCPA and LCBA, as a result I've drank usually at least one bottle of the pale every week for the last year and a bit. While I still think its a tasty beverage, I think its changed. I find it to have a more "floral" hop flavour than it used to?
this venue is also in Fremantle, only about a 5 minute walk from the brewery itself ;)

I was asking if they were going to do anything like they did last year with the 'KNOWLEDGE' which was fantastic according to my brew partner and partner.

And was told to look out for what happens in VIC...

I'm a huge fan of there pale ale, I think it's changed slightly but I still love it! Though I also wonder why they have not tried something else in a while.

Apparently there could be a new and very limited tasty brew apearing a the brewery this month

No idea on names, but why do you say that, is it already there?

Scuse my ignorance but what's "Knowledge" was that a limited release beer from Little Creatures?

Noticed at the local bottle-o there's a new cider that's out from these guys - admittedly I'm into the fizzy brown stuff myself, but whatever floats your boat. :)

Hopper.

Knowledge was a limited release, just after a hop delivery (it was not bottled). Apparently there not getting a one hop delivery any longer.

Pipsqueak is the cider, Im not a fan of cider either... Though I do prefer Bulmers to Pipsqueak.

SO do you have any info regarding it Katie?

I think it's all brewed at SAB now. It tastes as it does because they choose to make it taste as it does. It's not a complicated beer and any brewery is capable of making it taste as it used to. I have never understood the rationale behind choosing to dumb down a beer. Invent a dumb beer straight off the bat and leave the good one alone.

To my knowledge when JSGA was good it was brewed at Malt Shovel at Pyrmont in Sydney. It first changes flavour when Lion Nathan took over production at Lidcombe. Even though it's the same recipe it just doesn't replicate on a bigger brewhouse. (unavoidable) Then the shortage of hops in the commercial brewing world meant a change of recipe as volumes of Amarillo are just unavailable hense the current version. Same thing happened with JS Pilsener. Good at Pyrmont, not so good at Lidcombe, back at Pyrmont and back to it's best.

That's my thoughts based on my limited commercial brewing knowledge.......

Cheers

Spot on BB, was just about to state that myself!

I wasnt implying that LCPA is the only beer in the worls to change Katie....... just refferencing some beers i have drank for a long time to say my pallat hasnt changed much , thats all.

My dad worked for LN for many years and i remember hin getting a 6 pack of the origional James Squire Strong Ale. It wasnt released to the public at all and was only a 200 or 400 case batch.

It was huge. thick and malty, almost chewey. very bitter, slightly hazy and some earth hoppiness.

I bought a 6 pack of it each years its been released and it went down hill each year. Ended up high gravity JS amber ale. about 1/3 the character the origional beer had.

very disapointing

cheers

Latest posts

Back