Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to grab 2 dreadnought pint bottles for $10 on way home from work. Awesome value.

Went down to Freo with the missus for 'fish and chips' today. The brewery has sold out all 70 cartons. I had a pint there and picked up a couple of bottles on the way home. Absolutely loving this beer.

$8 a pint bottle at Belair Fine Wines, cheers groucho for the PM.

Well after putting away a few I have to say its a pretty nice drop. Not overly sweet to me and the bitterness just right at the end of the mouthful. Very light on the roastiness, is there just a tiny bit of roast barley in there? Nice slick mouthfeel. If I didn't know better I could think it had a bit of oat in it. Smallish head that doesn't last, bit of lacing. For some reason the last sip in the glass give me heaps more hops flavour. I reckon the bitterness would blend in even more so it's not so pronounced at the end with another 6 months in the bottle but if that didn't make sense, it's the dreadnought talking :D
LCD__1_of_1_.jpg
LCD__1_of_1__2.jpg

Bump - anything for Brisvegas - I noted on LC website that Cru bar and all the usual in the inner city/valley yuppie areas have it.

Doesn't appear as though Stewarts Portside has it (usually where I go for LC SB).

Goomba

Bump - anything for Brisvegas - I noted on LC website that Cru bar and all the usual in the inner city/valley yuppie areas have it.

Doesn't appear as though Stewarts Portside has it (usually where I go for LC SB).

Goomba

Purple Palate in Maleny will have some, so i'd expect they'll have some in their Brissy stores. Grand Central Cellars normally has them, too.

Cool, I work around the corner from the CBD Purple Palate. I'll have to pop in during lunch.

Cheers Shed

Goomba

Not sure if they're in yet. Let us know.

Keep an eye out for the latest Moa, too. There's a 10% Imperial Stout on the way, and I rate their new Pale Ale.

Not sure if they're in yet. Let us know.

Keep an eye out for the latest Moa, too. There's a 10% Imperial Stout on the way, and I rate their new Pale Ale.

I had a look Friday and it wasn't in. Gunna have another look tomorrow and will ask the guy what the plan is. Will let you know

Purple Palate in Maleny will have some, so i'd expect they'll have some in their Brissy stores. Grand Central Cellars normally has them, too.

Just checked at Grand Central and they were just arriving. Will be in the system and on sale tomorrow

LCSB - The Dreadnought.

Sipping on this as I type. I am no good at reviewing beers but I will say it's a nice drop. My local guy has a few cartons of it so I will try it again when I am not as deep into beverages as I am now.

From what I can tell, I liken it to Cooper's Best Extra Strout. Higher in alcohol, not that you can tell. Has the usual strong roasty tones but a stronger tone of chocolate than the BES.

I am never one to complain about limited releases but this would have been the perfect beer for about 2 months ago in colder weather. I will be saving a few and trying them down the track.

I was hoping like hell this latest one was going to be a Black IPA.

Not that I am disappointed with the Stout ;)

Not usually into anything darker than a porter, but gotta say this is such a smooth creamy beer that whats not to like. Every friday I stop at random bottlos on the way home and try and find something I havnt tried. got Deadnuaght today, didnt bother reading description, just saw a bottle I didnt know- a good thing, cos my only experiance with darks was Sheaf or Coopers extra(dont like either)-I luv this-Gotta spend some more time trying quality stouts-any suggestions? Any AG guys got any thoughts on recipes to get close? wouldnt mind havin a crack. my AG is usually between pale and golden with the odd amber, so need some advice on darks.

Had one tonight.

1st thought.

V. similar to Cooper's ... but with a bit more choc and slightly higher FG.

2nd thought.

Don't drink the rest of the bottles until next winter... this one's a keeper (as was the Brown Ale and the Oatmeal and to some degree the Marzen).

Back