Little Creatures IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny this should pop up again today.. I just grabbed a four pack while grabbing a single JS copper ale to see what it was like.

I liked it, felt like a few more after. In my opinion that's good enough, keep in mind a brewery can't make beers for home brew hop heads, it has to be palatable to the widest range of people. I know people who think beer is beer.. That a VB is just like a LCPA.

To us, the finer things matter, expanding our palate, trying to pick flavours etc. If a beer tastes good, it tastes good . We home brew to make what we want. But it's nice to have a tasty brew for when you fall behind in the production!

Went searching for this in the bottleshop and tried a taster. Nice hoppy burps but not very bitter for an IPA. Definitely worth a proper taste when I get around to cracking a bottle open. Probably would drink it instead of the Pale Ale but was a bit shocked at the price tag. Disappointing that it is sold as a 4 pack and costs $18... making it $27 per six pack.
I wonder how much of the price is because of the extra hops versus how much is inflation because it is sold as a specialty craft beer!?
I hope they consider selling it as 6 packs and also bottle it in pint bottles.

I went into my local FC to see if they had any of my one of my favouries - Harvieston Old Engine Oil (they didn't). Saw they had this, so I relented and bought a 4 pack. The price is silly, amounting to nearly $8 for a pint. I'm sure the 6.4% ABV has something to do with it, but still, a 6 pack of Torpedo is still cheaper. Anyway, I don't mind it. It's not over the top, and has a nice hit of bitterness that I could share with friends without scaring them. I'd buy this if I saw it while at the pub, but alas, Cairns is useless for finding decent beer in venues. If they'd do this in pints, and at a more reasonable price, I'd make this my go to commercial swill. Heck, even James Squire are producing pints these days. Surely Little Creatures can put their IPA in the proper packaging. ;)

I remember fondly their limited-release IPA back in 2010. It was on tap for a few weeks at the Dan and it became my favourite - when you burped (and you would) it tasted like a pine forest in your mouth.

Back